• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rebuilding an AC Delco starter?

Starter died in the truck in the spring and the shop put in a Delco.  I have no complaints.  I have taken all my vehicles to this shop.  When I go there I tell him what is wrong and give him the keys.  I don't trust many people with my truck but I trust him.  Jerry does his research and finds out what's good and what's not.  Also when I took in for the starter they cleaned all the connections including the grounds.  Truck also cranks way faster now.  I kept my connections as clean as I could but they went through everything and what a difference.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I should have kept my Denso Starter and rebuilt the contacts

I had replaced it with a Napa starter and the napa chinese starter crapped out in one year, Bad / broken armature or field wires drawing to many amps. Just poor quality starter. Acted like my batteries were dead when the batteries were brand new, slow cranking/ excessive amp draw

Swapped it for another since it was a lifetime napa guarantee

Next time I might just buy a new Denso for $400 that will last 10 years plus

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1