• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 problems ?????

I got to thinking today. Is it posible that the overflow valve on the VP is stuck open and letting the pressure drop. I not real familuar with injection pumps so forgive me if this sound stupid :cookoo:. Maby thats why my fuel pressure is low. I just thought of that today for some reason. Is it posible?

Don't think so from what I've learned about the vp44 on this forum. Read this thread through to the end and you will see what I mean: http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/1656-VP44-Write-Up-Minimum-pressure-suggested...
  • Like 1

I talked to an airdog dealer about the raptor 150. They said it would work on stock engines also. What do you guys thing about that. I want the 100 but they got the 150 on stock and ready for me to pick up if I want it. And for only $10 more why not:shrug:.

I talked to an airdog dealer about the raptor 150. They said it would work on stock engines also. What do you guys thing about that. I want the 100 but they got the 150 on stock and ready for me to pick up if I want it. And for only $10 more why not:shrug:.

Think you just answered it :) Grab the 150 - that way of you EVER decide to add more mods and want more pressure - you have it :):thumbup2: What they quote you ? Jkidd is a vendor here and can probably get you a airdog for like $475 *guessing* Get the guages tho !!!! Gauge Gauge Gauge *lmao* :tongue:

well i cannot get the memory of bleeding my airdog out of my head. had the wifey come outside to bump the starter, friend under the truck checking for leaks. fuel came SO FAST that it filled my catch pail, soaked me, covered the front of my truck and ground with probably 2-3 gallons(not counting whats in the bucket)! by that time my friend had his wits back and unpluged the electrical connection under the truck.think about this for a sec. in less time than the pump usually runs, i know i got way more fuel than my VP44 can pump. i can always hear fuel going down the filer neck(witch i wish i wouldn't of cut) and i assume that the majority of fuel takes that path(straight back to the tank). so when they say the AD100 can do <500HP and the AD150 is for >500HP, i believe thats right. now all that fuel circulating might help avoid gelling, cause my truck cold started fine(2F) while my bosses' 3 08 chevy's were dealing with plugged filters.:2cents:

Think you just answered it :) Grab the 150 - that way of you EVER decide to add more mods and want more pressure - you have it :):thumbup2: What they quote you ? Jkidd is a vendor here and can probably get you a airdog for like $475 *guessing* Get the guages tho !!!! Gauge Gauge Gauge *lmao* :tongue:

$399 + Tax I got her all installed in less than 2 hours. Got my pressure up to 20psi right away. It hardly drops at WOT. like 2-3 psi. Thank you guys for all the help. Got the Raptor 150 and it works great. Thanks. I got the gauges Fuel pressure, boost, trans temp.

• Owner

Well... There is some people claiming that you can put up to 40 PSI to a VP44 without damage. But like in another thread we all found out that the VP44 has a internal regulator too set at 15-16 PSI so going over 20 PSI is over kill basically in my mind. But as long as low side stays above 15 PSI you should be fine.