• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

clutch issues

Hi I just changed my hyd clutch assy thinking it had failed and that wasnt it so i pulled the trans and found the clutch was finished ,so i put in a new southbend 13125ok assy. now its hard to put into first and second and grinds going in reverse its like its not fully releasing but then it seems to shift good through the rest of the gears on the road . the trans seemed fine before i had the clutch crap out. This is on a 98.5 dodge 1 ton cummins with 110000kms 70000miles it does a lot of clutch work and short trips. any ideas? did i creat my own problem or is something else wrong.Thanks JD63

Did you install the washer under the pivot ball stud (if it came with it)? You hydraulics might be wore out giving you problems getting the clutch depressed completely...

Hi Mike I did put in the extra washer under the pivot ball i did notice to day if i put the clutch right to the floor boards that it will go in a little better [not so good for my wife] could the new dodge hyd clutch sys be a dud Thanks Bruce