• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Issues after Pump Removal and Re-Installation

I took of my Injection Pump to replace my tappet cover gasket.  Truck has seemingly no issues before hand other than a drop in fuel mileage.

After taking everything off and putting back on carefully i have come across the following symptoms:

trouble codes - p0216/p1693

excessive white smoke at idle

dead pedal across all RPM ranges

fuel mileage around the 11mpg ranges

hard cranking now that temperatures have dropped

0 movement from vehicle before engine gets to around 190* (truck will move under idle but 0 throttle response)

I am about to get a fuel pressure gauge to double check but other testing seems within normal limits.  

Assumption is the vp44 is bad I'm just hoping its something else.

If this is the cause any ideas on best place to get a rebuilt one?  I have read good things about blue chip diesel.  Thoroughbred diesel also has packages that include a new lift pump and injectors.  My 01 has about 316k miles and a bd aftermarket pump already.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

She will start and drive... just can't move her with and throttle or power till she's fully warm

alsonhas dead pedal whenever accelerator is held at a constant position for too long... have to let it idle for about 30 seconds or hold pedal on the floor for 10-20 seconds till she comes alive