• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lund Roll Up Tonneau Cover

42 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Kind of late posting this but I've been busy. I finally round filed the old aluminum canopy and got a Lund Roll Up Tonneau Cover. Works excellent. Pulls rather snug and doesn't flap much and kept my dry wall dry. 

1213161731.jpg

I like it!

Any idea whether this will have any effect on MPGs?

On ours, no MPG difference at least that I noticed.  Under the cover to bed is 19 inches on mine.  Never had any problems with people being snoopy looking underneath.  We usually go south in winter.  Only thing that we had to lay on its side, so cover would close was propane BBQ bottle.

Made a few changes to mine.  See pic

DSCN2419[1].JPG

• Owner
4 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Any idea whether this will have any effect on MPGs?

Like my trip back from Boise my max high mark in MPG's was 24.5 MPG with weather in the 19*F to 25*F range. Snow falling. By the time I got home crawling around in the snow weather and poor road conditions I still kept close to 22 MPG. So it's not a fair trip number being I was packing 14 sheets of drywall and other things in the bed of the truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like my trip back from Boise my max high mark in MPG's was 24.5 MPG with weather in the 19*F to 25*F range. Snow falling. By the time I got home crawling around in the snow weather and poor road conditions I still kept close to 22 MPG. So it's not a fair trip number being I was packing 14 sheets of drywall and other things in the bed of the truck.

I'm just curious :thumbup2: 

I notice slightly higher mileage with my topper on, so I was wondering how you think it'll affect yours. 

• Owner

Hard to judge being I came down Boise, ID empty and return home loaded with 14 sheets of drywall. Let's just say that holding 20's for MPG in the dead of winter with temps as low as 19*F and still holding up the MPG's. More time to judge the tonneau cover but with my canopy it did awesome but I never ran the Quadzilla Adrenaline and my old canopy. So hard to judge the new tonneau cover and the Quadzilla Adrenaline combo.

• Like 1