• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A good use for the OE ISB lift pump

flman

I put some hoses on it, and I was going to use it to transfer fuel from the truck to the tractor, it is probably going to be slow, but it will be easier then lifting a 6 gallon can 4 1/2' up into the air, and slopping it all over the hood of the tractor. I just have to get some battery alligator jumpers. What do you think, good idea, or should I just buy a pump for the intended use?

it should work as long as the pump actually pumps.one time i flushed a buddy's dad's isuzu rodeo's auto trans. it is a sealed unit, so i stuck a length of hose down the dipstick tube and sucked all the old trans fluid out using an old fuel pump of out of a gasser.

sounds good to me. Hopefully the pump can handle that type of elevation gain.

Well, I bit the bullet and made the big $5.00 investment in clip ons and wire, hoping this pump would work :ahhh::pray: Any ways it worked alot better then I thought, it moved 5 gallons of fuel in a couple of minutes. There was no idle time during the transfer, just had to watch it close, because if I walked away it would have over flowed very easily. So yes, there is finally a use to the OE ISB Lift pump :thumbup2:post-10097-138698165112_thumb.jpg

Looks like a winner to me! I have been considering the exact same thing with the left over lift pumps I have on hand too. Great minds think alike! :thumbup2:

You notice it is in a loop? I made a goose neck out of 3/8 copper, so it can stay in the tractor tank properly, and I just stuff the goose neck it into the intake hose for storage to keep it clean and prevent fuel spillage. I only used 3/8 hose, but it is plenty big when the pump has no back pressure on it. It works out perfect, since my truck has a saddle tank, not problems fishing it down a filler neck. I actually still have a spare lift pump still bolted to the side of the ISB, so I am probably set for life :thumb1: