• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Red Rambler said:

Dee, just curious how you are liking the blue driver? I am about to purchase the same one as I too use iOS. Any drawbacks? Thanks.

Sorry for the late response haven't been on for awhile.  I really like my Blue Driver.  I have read data from dozens of cars from guys here at work to neighborhood buddies to car shopping with my son.  Have not run into any issues other than it is so small that I have forgotten to pull it from vehicle when leaving!!!  I really like the software.  It saves scans in a database so you can pull the information up later when not at the vehicle.  Good buy for sure.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2018 at 4:39 PM, deehammer said:

Sorry for the late response haven't been on for awhile.  I really like my Blue Driver.  I have read data from dozens of cars from guys here at work to neighborhood buddies to car shopping with my son.  Have not run into any issues other than it is so small that I have forgotten to pull it from vehicle when leaving!!!  I really like the software.  It saves scans in a database so you can pull the information up later when not at the vehicle.  Good buy for sure.

Did you ever find where you could pull boost off the blue driver? I see it’s supported but unsure which of the many otpions to check box? 

On 4/22/2018 at 7:28 PM, Red Rambler said:

Did you ever find where you could pull boost off the blue driver? I see it’s supported but unsure which of the many otpions to check box? 

If it reads the same as OBDlink, it won't read boost correctly.  A while ago we tried hard to figure it out with no luck. One of those unsolved mysteries.

L8tr

D

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SilverMoose said:

If it reads the same as OBDlink, it won't read boost correctly.  A while ago we tried hard to figure it out with no luck. One of those unsolved mysteries.

L8tr

D

Thanks D, I was hopeful in that you get an over-boost code, that it was measured and could be reported somehow.

I haven't tried all the check boxes yet, but will see if it reports anything, but like you said, its not accurate.

image.png.7f9eaef417c70c50e26c8b556910fd69.png

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You've got to build a math formula display the right boost pressure.

Perhaps I can help but I'm not entirely sure if I can, this may sound funny but I am actually more familiar with CCD and SCI buses, Chrysler manufacturer-specific network protocol rather than the odb2 standard.
I've been reverse engineering a lot the CCD (Chrysler Collision Detect) Data Bus protocol and Chrysler SCI  Diagnostic Protocol for PCM and ECM.

All ELM devices communicate with one of the five OBD-II Protocols standards:
On-Board Diagnostics, or “OBD,” is a computer-based system built into all 1996 and later light-duty vehicles and trucks, as required by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990
There are five different communication protocols available under the OBD-II spec.

1- SAE J1850 PWM - Pulse Width Modulation, which runs at 41.6 kbps. This protocol was generally used on older Ford vehicles.

2- SAE J1850 VPW - This protocol is Variable Pulse Width, which runs at 10.4 kbps. GM vehicles typically used this version.(Many newer Chrysler Veh. including DODGE RAM 3rd GEN used (PCI Bus) J1850 VPW protocol)

3- The ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud) network is a single wire network - DODGE RAM 2nd GEN, 1996 Dodge Ram (Gas) and 2002 Dodge Ram Diesel both use ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4k baud).
Pin 7 on data link connector - ISO 9141-2 K Line, Logic level 0v to 12v - (high voltage is around 12+ volts or BAT voltage).
If you have a older Chrysler, European, or Asian vehicle, this is your protocol. It runs at 10.4 kbps and is asynchronous serial communication.

4- ISO 14230 KWP2000 This is the Keyword Protocol 2000, another asynchronous serial communication method that also runs at up to 10.4 kbps. This also is used on European, or Asian vehicles.

5- ISO 15765 CAN This protocol has been mandated in all vehicles sold in the US from 2008 and later ( DODGE RAM 4th GEN ).
However, if you have a European car from 2003 or later including 2004 Dodge Durango, 2005 Dodge Dakota, 2005 Dodge Magnum, 2005 Chrysler 300C, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the vehicle may have CAN. It’s a two-wire communication method and can run at up to 1Mbps.