• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2016 Silverado

Have just under 16,000 miles on her now.  Bought on July 13, 2016.  I've done 2 oil changes and 1 tire rotation so far.  Been averaging anywhere from 16-21mpg.

She's made 2 trips to Orlando, FL and back.  1 week long trip to Paducah, KY and back. 1 weekend trip to Stevens Point, WI and back. 1 weekend trip to eastern Iowa and back.  And that's not counting the trailer towing/work I have/do here!!

So far, so good on this truck!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back from Louisiana yesterday.  Around 2250 miles in all on the trip.  Averaged between 20-20.5mpg for all the tanks of fuel running 70mph on the Interstates.  Never had the wind behind me on this trip again;  but at least I wasn't driving straight into it, as it always seemed to be a crosswind.  18,41x miles on her now.  Drove great.  I do miss the Cummins torque going up hills however.

• Like 1

Sounds like shes doing ya a good job and good mileage to boot. I took the wife and MIL on a 60 mile trip up the interstate in the wife's 98 Saturn 4 cylinder. Talk about un torquey. Not sure I want to do that again..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You could trade in the Chevy for a 4th Gen Cummins... :rolleyes:

Not quite sure what the eye roll means but if i ever did need a cummins for any reason going forward if I didn't still have my 05 and having owned every generation I wouldn't look at anything but a deleted 2012 crew cab. But my 05 will last me years to come only averaging 5-6k miles a year anymore lol. My 2010 1500 Hemi has proven that the 4th gen is by far the most bullet proof of all generations, I have put this thing through heck and it has not given me a lick of issues other than rebuilding the tranny @ 80K miles.

• 2 months later...

Approaching 21,000 miles at just under 11 months old now.  3rd oil change will be coming shortly.  No problems at all.  I've had my retriever clubs trailer in tow several times now............about 8000lbs..............with the air bags, it's not a problem.

• Like 1

On June 10, 2017 at 8:09 PM, dripley said:

How is you mileage while towing? Glad all this is working out for you with the new truck.

I've not done any long distance towing.  Just my usual around suburbia stuff...............that usually is in the 15-17mpg range if there's a lot of towing on that tank.  My work trailer isn't that heavy;  only about 3500lbs., but it's tall and catches a lot of air.