• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS brake issue on 96' Ram 2500 4x4

Howdy all. 

I've been having an issue lately the brakes on my 96" 2500 4x4. Sometimes when hitting the brakes the pedal will go to the floor and I can barely stop. It happens at random and the ABS light never comes on. Yesterday I unplugged the ABS and my brakes started working normal again. I grew up driving trucks without ABS so I'm not going to kill myself or anything with it being disabled for now. I would like to get it figured out though but I'm not sure where to start. 

• Owner

Have you bothered to change any of the speed sensors?

Have you ohm tested the sensor circuits to be sure there is no broken wires?

Have you check the ohm value of the sensors to see if there is a issues?

Pull the sensors and check for metal shaving pile up on the tips.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Have you bothered to change any of the speed sensors?

Have you ohm tested the sensor circuits to be sure there is no broken wires?

Have you check the ohm value of the sensors to see if there is a issues?

Pull the sensors and check for metal shaving pile up on the tips.

I'll check everything you listed. Would you mind telling me what the correct speed sensor ohm value is?

I normally do a lot of research before asking questions and prefer to not ask for handouts but I've got a lot on my plate so to speak right now and really appreciate any help I can get :)