• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My new white shop floor...

• Owner

Hey gang... Check this out I paint my shop floor white... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1008 The killer part of this is now with the mild weather you can open up the shop door in the morning hours and get a ton of light in the shop. The awesome part is that you no longer have to have a 150W shop light cooking you under the truck. The light reflects all over under the truck just like if you flipped it up-side-down... No joke...:thumbup2:

Nice I was thinking about doing an epoxy coating or acid stain on mine. However I have been told jack stands and jacks are a no-no with epoxy floors unless you have special rubber feet and wheels so I am more leaning towards the acid stain.

Nice I was thinking about doing an epoxy coating or acid stain on mine. However I have been told jack stands and jacks are a no-no with epoxy floors unless you have special rubber feet and wheels so I am more leaning towards the acid stain.

I have worked in a couple of shops with the epoxy coating and it is really tough stuff. It holds up much better than you described. Ususlly if you chip the coating you hit it hard enough to chip the concrete underneath as well. Just be sure to have a barrier if torching or welding over it as slag burns through it and leaves pot marks. Now that I think of it I may have seen the coating you described as it is almost rubber like.:shrug:

The actual stuff I was looking at in terms of epoxy is make by Quickrete and it claims to be 2x stronger than concrete. However reading a lot of reviews it seems that it worked for some and others had it peel. I am willing to bet they didn't get the surface cleaned well first. I am really considering this because I hate getting oil on the concrete.

• Owner

The actual stuff I was looking at in terms of epoxy is make by Quickrete and it claims to be 2x stronger than concrete. However reading a lot of reviews it seems that it worked for some and others had it peel. I am willing to bet they didn't get the surface cleaned well first. I am really considering this because I hate getting oil on the concrete.

That's my problem... My floor was oil and grease soak for years... I finally got sick and tried of it and sent many days of scrubing and wash the floor before I painted. I'm hoping it does good but if it doesn't I understand why...

Very nice! :thumbup2: Now if someone could just come up with a pair of eye glasses that allow me to see up close and far away in BOTH the upper and lower part of the lense. :banghead:

Don't say things like that being I'm rounding the corner to 40 years old and my eye doctor told me bi-focals will most likely be my next set of glasses... :cry:

Very nice! :thumbup2: Now if someone could just come up with a pair of eye glasses that allow me to see up close and far away in BOTH the upper and lower part of the lense. :banghead:

Being I do technical work, I found glasses just could not allow focus in every direction. Plus if you go out in the winter, or walk into a freezer of cooler in the summer, your glasses fog up. I got multi focal contact lenses. I can turn my eye any way I want, and the vision stays the same. The only problem is they cut down on your distance vision a little bit. But the convenience is worth that loss of distance. M73M, I thought you already wore glasses? Going to bifocals should be no problem for you.

• Owner

M73M, I thought you already wore glasses? Going to bifocals should be no problem for you.

Yeah I do but I don't want to think that I'm turning 40 years old, and only old tymers wear them (no offence to you guys!) I've been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old. So that doesn't bother me...