• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Whats your pyro temp pre turbo?

My pyrometer is located post turbo in the elbow and runs between 500-600 F at 55-60 mph. For those of you that run pre turbo setups what is your normal range? Thanks, Arcwelder

I think I am around 500-800 if my foots not in it .......... can get to 1100-1200 pretty quick if I stomp on it especially with Levels 3-5 :spend:

That question will get you a wide variance from everyones different setups. My 02 varies greatly depending on the weather and ambient temps alone and can swing it 200 degrees. Average cruising temps are 800-1100 depending on hills head wind ect. at around 55-60 and lugging it in the hills with low boost 10ish or below It will run right at 1200.

shucks! with such a temperature variance per truck I see it is going to be hard to accurately gauge my true turbo temp. I might have to plug the tapped elbow and drill pre turbo as Mike's photo shows.....hmmmm......Thanks,Arcwelder