• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Battery disconnected about 1 year..reset something?

My batteries have been disconnected for about a year.  Anything special I have to do before I can start it?

Neighbor up the way asked if I had my beast running yet.  Batteries have been disconnected so long of time he thinks I need to adjust or reset something before I can start it or run right?   I asked him what the something was and I think he said APS or ATS?  

Guess I screwed up again...what do I need to do.  

Thanks

• Owner

Now that I thought a moment. I done a VP44 replacement for a local gent. The truck sat for over 1 year and the batteries disconnected for the whole time. When I hook the batteries up after the replacement the error codes were still present.  So I know that ECM / PCM wise the information will never be lost due to lack of power.  I'm going to bet that you made a better connection on the batteries that dealt with the issue.

42 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now that I thought a moment. I done a VP44 replacement for a local gent. The truck sat for over 1 year and the batteries disconnected for the whole time. When I hook the batteries up after the replacement the error codes were still present.  So I know that ECM / PCM wise the information will never be lost due to lack of power.  I'm going to bet that you made a better connection on the batteries that dealt with the issue.

Batteries haven't made better connection yet.  Neighbor was just trying to give me a "heads up".  He works for a bus company or school bus place I think.   But I'm still routing hoses and playing around where fuel gauge is going to branch off at.   Hard to believe it's been a year with batteries unhooked.  

Thanks

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Apps will need to be reset.

Thanks, printed the article out and is laying on tailgate.