• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 info needed

• Owner

What is return out of the head is the pressure bleed off after the injection occurred. So if your injectors are set to 310 bar as that cylinder injector bleeds pressure past the pintle its sent down the return rail. It should be a very small amount of fuel. There is way more fuel returned from the VP44 than the back of the head. 

The few times I've been to a fuel injection shop to bench test injectors there has always been very very little fuel weep from the return port. As for exactly how much in ratio vs injected to the cylinder I don't know.

well I am getting it dialed in.  I think I am close.  My trip into work this morning is 8.9 miles mostly 40 mph with a few stops.  If I just DD my truck to work and back I average 15ish mpg

so 9 miles / 15 mpg = .6 gallons burnt.  I think the quad was saying I burnt .65 or something.   I have since adjust my offset down from %155 to %140 as my instant mpg was a few mpg low for a stretch of 55 mph.

• Owner

Here is what Dash Command is providing... The second page (tab) is showing the use of gears and how long I used each one and also if I used the wrong gear too for how long. Still this is uncalibrated I'll be doing the calibrate process when I get down to Ontario, OR today.

Capture+_2017-09-19-09-12-40.png

My numbers are bit low being I did tow a trailer this weekend. I hauled my ATV out for afternoon ride before the all week long rainstorm came along. 

Capture+_2017-09-19-09-12-50.png

I really doubt you going to have this much info... :wink: