• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A couple codes

Hey guys, recently picked up a smarty so in the process of tuning and changing tire size, I checked my DTCs and got a couple I hadn't seen before so looking for a sanity check on these.

First one is

I'm curious if this is a typical code to expect since I'm using a lock up switch? Seems like it, but some assurance would be nice.

Second is

Does this relate to the lockup switch as well? Or something else? My alternator seems to be doing it's job. Appears to come up with at least 12-ish volts prior to start and gets the needle up over 14 when driving so appears to be charging. What else should I be looking for?

FWIW, I've cleared both codes and they come back every time. 

Edited by notlimah

Whoops, realized I pasted the same code link. Second one should be updated in my first now, it's P0622. 

I didn't follow any troubleshooting yet because I wanted to see if this was normal for having a lock up switch installed. The 0622 code is a weird one and I don't have a scan tool that can do freeze frame (unless obdii can??) so I read through and eventually it gets to replacing the PCM based on resistance being too high/low, so got me wondering if that's just another byproduct of having the switch spliced into it? 

Oh well, charging system doesn't seem to be having a problem, all voltage looks good. Only thing I can think of is the alternator possibly on the way out (I'll have to check ac noise soon) or my batteries are finally on their last leg and throwing a weird code. Either way I'll let it go until something more obvious comes up to point me in a better direction.