• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

In need of an exhaust manifold

Hi all... I discovered two cracks in my stock manifold. I have searched here and could not find too much...

Can someone recommend a replacement for me? I would like to put something in that I do not have to worry about again and perhaps something with a port already installed for my EGT probe.

I do not plan to add any performance upgrades... except maybe 75-90hp injectors down the road when these get tired. 

Thanks in advance..........

Edited by dodgedieselnewbie

1 hour ago, dodgedieselnewbie said:

There are a ton of diesel stainless manifolds that range in price. I found this one that is one piece, has one port and comes with gaskets.. for best price I could find. This what you are referring to? Thanks again! 

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/bd-1045985ss-kit/exhaust-manifolds

I have that one. It's a good manifold - just don't try to drill and tap it!

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

It looks to be already drilled and tapped, the only difference I see is unknown place of manufacturing and no ss bolts between 2 links. I kinda like the one made in USA. 

It is, but my compounds require the manifold to be flipped - and I had 2 EGT probes - 1 of which I couldn't string underneath.

The only 2 SS bolts required for mounting it are included. The rest can use the stock ones. For me, the stock, SS, and an aftermarket stud kit have all loosened up over time. I recommend high temp thread locker on all of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

It is, but my compounds require the manifold to be flipped - and I had 2 EGT probes - 1 of which I couldn't string underneath.

The only 2 SS bolts required for mounting it are included. The rest can use the stock ones. For me, the stock, SS, and an aftermarket stud kit have all loosened up over time. I recommend high temp thread locker on all of them.

I did not see any mention of the 2 SS bolts. Where are those required?

As for the bolts.. whether the stock, all stainless or a stud kit. Should I change them out with new? If so.. which way should I go?

3 minutes ago, dodgedieselnewbie said:

As for the bolts.. whether the stock, all stainless or a stud kit. Should I change them out with new? If so.. which way should I go?

I just did a head gasket on my truck and all of bolts were in good shape so I reused them and didn't reuse the straps that keep bolts from backing out, so far it's good. I did have a tiny crack but decided to wait on changing it as I spent too much on HG job and head. In my opinion if both manifolds are good quality then get the cheaper one and reuse stock bolts. I would go with made in USA just because. 

7 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I just did a head gasket on my truck and all of bolts were in good shape so I reused them and didn't reuse the straps that keep bolts from backing out, so far it's good. I did have a tiny crack but decided to wait on changing it as I spent too much on HG job and head. In my opinion if both manifolds are good quality then get the cheaper one and reuse stock bolts. I would go with made in USA just because. 

Thanks... but... $230 is a pretty significant difference.

13 minutes ago, dodgedieselnewbie said:

Thanks... but... $230 is a pretty significant difference.

Yes but, USA USA USA.  Lol I own some harbor freight tools. That's how we by sh.t at wallmart too and wonder what's happening to the country. I see your point,  if you bought everything made in USA, you'd be sleeping in a truck.

Edited by Dieselfuture

16 hours ago, dodgedieselnewbie said:

You might want to call and ask them to be sure. If I remember right mine came with 4 SS bolts. 2 are for the turbo, and the other 2 are for the bottom side of the manifold in the center. I think the factory ones are too long.

Well.. it took me all day but it's in! I'm so sore.. lol

Had a difficult time with accessing the bottom forward bolt where the turbo connects to manifold. I ended up using one of the two supplied hex bolts on the bottom of the manifold.. second bolt in from front.. because I couldn't get a wrench or socket to go around a factory bolt to snug it up. And there was nowhere for me to put the adapter piece the supplied for the coolant line bracket.. so used factory bolt in that location. 

Truck definitely drives better and no exhaust leak sound anymore! 

When I came back from my test run and let it idle for egts to come down... It wouldn't drop below 350 after a couple of minutes of sitting. Shouldn't drop a little lower? I believe it did beforehand... 

IMG_20171024_164833765.jpg

• Like 1