• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What are these for?

• Staff

One air bag , two air bags, or more,  it doesn't matter.  Theses are the crash sensor that send a signal to the SRS (supplemental restraint system) controller that a significant impact has occurred and the air bag(s) are to be inflated.  

If the Impact zones covered by these sensors are: the left front, the front, and the right front.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

One air bag , two air bags, or more,  it doesn't matter.  Theses are the crash sensor that send a signal to the SRS (supplemental restraint system) controller that a significant impact has occurred and the air bag(s) are to be inflated.  

If the Impact zones covered by these sensors are: the left front, the front, and the right front.  

Well, the right one has a broken plug so I guess I should probably fix that lol.

• Staff

That sensor, impact sensor 56006911, is used in 1994-1997 Dodge Rams and the wiring diagram for a 2001 ram 2500 does not show them.  If that broken sensor was used by the SRS the airbag fault light would be on.    Did you have those inner fenders replaced with used parts?

10 hours ago, IBMobile said:

That sensor, impact sensor 56006911, is used in 1994-1997 Dodge Rams and the wiring diagram for a 2001 ram 2500 does not show them.  If that broken sensor was used by the SRS the airbag fault light would be on.    Did you have those inner fenders replaced with used parts?

Yeah, all the warning lights are trashed in my truck. I really need to go to a salvage yard and see if I can find all the little odds and ends that are missing on my truck.