• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok so today I went out to the lake and we took my uncles boat ,I don't know how much it weight but this mourning when we were on our way over there my egt's were pretty low well at least thats what I think I do really have an idea of whats normal but they were running around the 700's and had my adrenaline on level 3 and on 5th gear. But on the way back I started to notice alot of difference the truck felt heavier and had it on the same level and also on 5th gear and egt's were higher 950's so I slowed down a little and drop it to 4th gear and the egt's went down again to 750's . So my question is was this boat pretty heavy or am I missing something maybe a bigger turbo or what could it be? this is a picture I took when we got to the lake .

Posted Image

Downhill to the lake and uphill back home. I would have to be driving pretty slow with a boat to be at 700. 900 is pretty normal for me when towing at highway speeds.

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

The trailer brakes could have locked up or you could have some bad bearings on the trailer. Did you check to see if the hubs were hot?

• Like 1

Downhill to the lake and uphill back home. .

I would have to 2nd that. There is a reason the water is there, its the lowest point so it all collects there. You should have turned around for a mile and seen if it went back to 700.

• Like 1

• Owner

Hmmm.. Well like myself I live at 2,800 ft elevation and Riggins, ID is at 1,800 ft elevation. On my to Riggins, ID I see 550-600*F at 65 MPH on my way home I see 850-900*F at 65 MPH. Since the Little Samon River run runs besides the highway water natural flows downhill... So I've got a change of elevation of 1,000 feet in 15 miles of distance but it looks fairly flat...

Downhill to the lake and uphill back home. I would have to be driving pretty slow with a boat to be at 700. 900 is pretty normal for me when towing at highway speeds.

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

The trailer brakes could have locked up or you could have some bad bearings on the trailer. Did you check to see if the hubs were hot?

Yeah I think thats it I was going uphill It didnt look like much but it was probably it, I didnt check the hubs never tought about it should have :banghead: