• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle problem

I purchased the high idle kit from this website, i installed it and it idled up to 1200 for about a minute then went back to normal operating idle, i tried turning truck off an reatarting it and it wont high idle, on my edge jwa monitor it shows the correct intake temp, only thing i noticed is the throttle position flashes 1% then back to 0%, could this be affecting it?

i activated the settings in the computer by using a smarty touch

Please review the TSB that covers OEM high idle functions

Triggers for disabling high idle are

Both features will automatically disable when one of the following occurs:

1. The Automatic Transmission is placed in gear (forward or reverse) or,
2. The Service Brake pedal is depressed or,
3. Throttle position is greater than 0% or,
4. Vehicle Speed is greater than 0 mph or,
5. Coolant Temperature is greater than 79°C (175°F).

2 hours ago, Jared Riley said:

I purchased the high idle kit from this website, i installed it and it idled up to 1200 for about a minute then went back to normal operating idle, i tried turning truck off an reatarting it and it wont high idle, on my edge jwa monitor it shows the correct intake temp, only thing i noticed is the throttle position flashes 1% then back to 0%, could this be affecting it?

i activated the settings in the computer by using a smarty touch

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Both features will automatically disable when one of the following occurs:

1. The Automatic Transmission is placed in gear (forward or reverse) or,
2. The Service Brake pedal is depressed or,
3. Throttle position is greater than 0% or,
4. Vehicle Speed is greater than 0 mph or,
5. Coolant Temperature is greater than 79°C (175°F).

1 hour ago, Jared Riley said:

So could it be that the tps is on its way out you think?

according to the tsb if the ecm see's tps increase above %0 then high idle will cancel.   

You will have to troubleshoot your apps sensor to know if it is on it's way out or if it just needs to be recalibrated.  

• Owner

Resetting will most likely not fix the problem. The APPS reset just programs the span from low volt to high volt of the sensor. What controls the canceling in the APPS IVS (Idle Validation Switches). On the stock APPS the IVS is controlled by a logic circuit which toggles the idle validation switches when voltage rises or falls below the stated voltage on the tag. So I'm going to bet most likely the sensor is getting tired.