• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Track Bar

• Owner

Track Bar...

This will be my second failure in a total of 324k miles. My last track bar lasted over 100k miles. I will admit I screwed up this time. Being I'm doing all the back and forth trips I opted to just at the local AutoZone and pick up a trackbar. $90 buck with a lifetime guarantee. Didn't realize it a sealed unit that has no grease zerk. I found this out after I've already pulled mine out and need my truck. My last Track Bar was a NAPA unit and it did very well to go 100k miles. Just times are tight for me and had to take what was available.

I do plan on getting a Luke's Links and rebuilding my old bar since its got the small non-Moog head and can be done. So when this lifetime warranty non-greaseable AutoZone track bar fails I'll have a rebuilt unit here ready to go.

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Track Bar...

I do plan on getting a Luke's Links and rebuilding my old bar since its got the small non-Moog head and can be done. So when this lifetime warranty non-greaseable AutoZone track bar fails I'll have a rebuilt unit here ready to go.

The only issue I had with the luke's link on the track bar is it was too close to the front diff cover and would rub a little when bouncing around and turning, I had to grind off some material on the luke's link but seemed to fix the problem, at 300k I still got the original track bar, I installed these at about 200k

• Thanks 3