• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

np241 dhd transfer case

Hello everyone, i'm having trouble removing the plantertary gears on a np241dhd. All snap rings are removed and still won't come apart. Any idea's? Keep in mind the bone head that destroyed this ran it out of oil. So did the bearing get hot enough to weld itself to the shaft?

I've got the snap rings removed but the planetary gears will not come free of the housing. The hell with pep boys, O'Reilly's and Auto Zone. I refuse to go there. 

1 minute ago, farmboy said:

I've got the snap rings removed but the planetary gears will not come free of the housing. The hell with pep boys, O'Reilly's and Auto Zone. I refuse to go there. 

I went directly to this site for answers. I like your quote. I try not to spare money on good parts. I like using quality parts. Preferably American made.  

5 hours ago, farmboy said:

I went directly to this site for answers. I like your quote. I try not to spare money on good parts. I like using quality parts. Preferably American made.  

I finally got it apart. I wish I could send you pictures so you could see why it wouldn't come apart. The gears are so destroyed they were twisted together with the transfer case. Yes you read that right. Next guestion, np241dhd vs nv241. Obviously mine is beyond repair. If you're wondering I'm not making a rock climber or some off the wall deal. This is in my chore truck. Just your average old dodge. Thanks. P.S. I'm not the one that destroyed it.