• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors tune help

mossyoak71

I finally got the DAP 7x.012 VCO injectors installed last night. I downloaded the daily driver 7x.012 and it is not showing up in the custom tunes. So I tried again and it said there was a file already. Also when I place the truck in reverse it sometimes dies, but when you put it in drive it is fine. Can the quadzilla help with that issue, and if so how. The Cummins is connected to the 5R110 that was in the truck. It was built by revmax, and had a stage 5 converter in it. I'm thinking I need to go to a higher stall rating, but not sure. 

The Quadzilla isn't doing anything at idle unless the high idle function is enabled and the high idle timeout has passed. I would personally get a higher stall coverter to fix your issues.  

As for the tune not showing up what vehicle profile do you have selected in the app?  If you export a tune for me I can create a tune for you based on the export/.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

The Quadzilla isn't doing anything at idle unless the high idle function is enabled and the high idle timeout has passed. I would personally get a higher stall coverter to fix your issues.  

As for the tune not showing up what vehicle profile do you have selected in the app?  If you export a tune for me I can create a tune for you based on the export/.

I will get with revmax and see if they can custom make one. As far as exporting a tune, I will when I get home this evening.

nothing,  Thats the weird part, I just take the export from their phone chagne the tune variables to work for their fueling export the tune back to them and it show sup.  I have compared the json file and all the profile info is exactly the same.  

I did have a manual ECM and it lopped like crazy. Could not drive it. So I had it reflashed to a auto ECM and everything was ok, so to speak. Then I put the 7x.012's in and I can barely get it going once I put it into gear. Called revmax today and they said it sounded like the converter was locked at idle.

Ok, so I have had the truck on the lift all weekend, I have drained the trans 3 times, changed solenoids, and traced wires till I'm blue in the face. So I put the DDP125's back in so I can at least drive it. I know the torque converter is not locked at idle, due to when you tap the brakes it will unlock. I have ruled out everything, except for the TC stall. With the 125's in it, you have to let the tuck warm up to at least 120° and when you put it in either R or D it will bog down then catch back up but you have to stand on the brakes even when driving and come to a stop you have to stand on the brakes. And I mean stand. With the 7x.012 it would just die all together. Even trying to tap the throttle it would still die. I even tried running it up to 2000 rpm and putting it in drive on the lift off the ground and it would die. No load on the tires at all. So this is my thinking,and I've been known to be wrong. I have a stage 5 5r110, with a stage 5 converter both from Revmax. This was in the 08 f250 I bought. I knew the owner and worked on the truck when he totaled it. Trans only had 4000 miles on it. So the converter was for a built 6.4 power stroke. I say he was around 600hp. So that engine doesn't make the torque that the 5.9 makes at idle. So with all the reading I've done, the 5.9 is making the already low stall even lower. I have searched and see that ATS makes a Fummins converter just for that type of swap. It is just very pricey, so I'm gonna talk with some other converter companies. I will let you all know.

• 2 months later...

Sorry I haven't posted anything, but just now getting it to run right. So I did order a new converter with higher stall, and put it in this past weekend. So I left the DDP125 injectors in, and it developed a lope to it. Really bad as shaking the whole truck. So Tuesday evening I had enough and decided to put the DAP 7x012's in and holy cow what a difference. Now I'm in construction and the old saying you get what you pay for is golden. But evidently in injectors it is the other way around with some people. I paid 800+ for the DDP and never got the truck to run right, smoking, lope, you name it. Then on black Friday I bought the DAP injectors for around 350. I will say it was money well spent. The truck now idles better, quieter, and doesn't smoke. More power and clean burning and I'm just running the tune that ME sent me. Now to get this tunning down and I'll be good to go. I'd like to send the other injectors off to have them tested just to see where they are at. I feel like I got ripped off to tell you the truth. So my hat is off to DAP!!

Edited by mossyoak71
Spelling
  • Like 2