• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Repairing a gauge...

• Owner

Well Gang... My boost gauge finally gave up from all the rough washboarded roads anf the face screws fell out... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1126 So I removed the gauge from the pillar pod. Then carefully using a small flat blade screwdriver I carefully pryed the black bezel ring crimp from the body. Becarel not to over bend the bezel or warp it. Once you remove the glass face you need to remove the 2 screws in the back near the nipple. Then carefully remove the guts. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1122 Now when you remove the guts make sure you don't squeeze the Bordon tube or any of the internal part or you'll damage the internal parts and the accuracy of the gauge. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1125 So I replaced the 2 face screws and snugged them up. Then careful reassembled the gauge. But when it came to re-crimpping the bezel ring I slipped it back on and using a flat blade screwdriver I held it cross wise to the gauge bezel and placed about 6 crimps in it. All fixed... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1123

You say that, but how can someone live without loctite! It's supposedly an 11th commandment if you read everything a certain way :lol: I know we have 5 different types on hand. Can't live without it!

You say that, but how can someone live without loctite! It's supposedly an 11th commandment if you read everything a certain way :lol: I know we have 5 different types on hand. Can't live without it!

Yeah dont leave home without your Never Seize, or your Loctite. I actually use never seize on motor shafts when I put on a fan blade, or a blower wheel. I will probably be back there in couple of years changing it again, so smarter not harder. Any ways, loctite is great for any thing that vibrates loose.

• Owner
:shrug: I guess I've never had those issues... Hot wrench for frozen fasteners... Nyloc fasteners for vibration problems...:lol: Actually yes I do need to get a bottle of anti-seize (I'm just about out). And Need to get some loc-tite too the tube of red I have here is dried up on the shelf... Yeah I know there is blue and green too..

:shrug: I guess I've never had those issues... Hot wrench for frozen fasteners... Nyloc fasteners for vibration problems...:lol: Actually yes I do need to get a bottle of anti-seize (I'm just about out). And Need to get some loc-tite too the tube of red I have here is dried up on the shelf... Yeah I know there is blue and green too..

At 52 miles there is always a place to buy online and have it shipped, or put it on the list for your monthly shopping trip. It must be very quiet where you live?

Good write-up Mike. Locktite and anti-seize should be in every tool box!! However; that said,If it sticks and it's not supposed to...........use WD40!!If it moves and it's not supposed to..........use duct tape!!:smart::smart::smart:

• Owner

At 52 miles there is always a place to buy online and have it shipped, or put it on the list for your monthly shopping trip. It must be very quiet where you live?

I really do hate having to wait for mail or frieght. It's always my luck anything I order through the mail I end up with the worng part, product, etc. As for where I live its extremely quiet... :thumbup2: