• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Installed Timbo Apps now idling around 1000 rpm

I just received and installed my Timbo APPS and did everything the instruction said and watched his videos as well. Then when I started the truck it quickly jumped up to around 1000 rpm and didn’t drop. Tried to recalibrate once again and it still is idleing high. Please help as this is my only vehicle currently. 

• Owner

Pull the plate back off and remove the Timbo's APPS sensor from the back. Now start again and see if it idles properly. If the IVS is seeing throttle position it will jump up in RPM's. When you release the sensor from the bellcrank it should idle normally if so this means the idle stop screw is too high and needs to be released. 

• Owner

Idle voltage doesn't matter. It's the angle of the sensor. It's a matter of getting the contact in the right zones. Again voltage doesn't matter at all!

Image result for timbos apps

In idle position. When the IVS (Idle Validation Switch) is grounded on the idle position the voltage is disregarded and the ECM software for idle is used. So if the contacts are in the throttle position then the ECM idle software is shut down and the voltage is used to control engine speed.

Related image

• Owner

Ok, one last thing to try Unplug the sensor completely and start. Yes I know it will trip an error code but it should default to idle speed. I want to verify the actual idle speed. 

Is this one of our Timbo's APPS? If so could you drop over to the support ticket and send me a support ticket and we will handle a replacement Timbo Sensor.