• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

You guys in the USA have it made!

dobienut

You guys have it good when it comes to buying parts for our trucks. I have been looking at the Kool-vue tow mirrors for my truck on discount's site, about $68 /each. Then I have to buy they brackets from the dealer at $17 each, then I have to ship them to a friend in Indiana, send them some money or put it in their account and have them ship them to me here in Canada due to the fact discount wont ship to Canada. So I figure i'm looking at about $225-$250 buy the time I pay exchange and all the costs. I called the dealer and they can get me the Mopar aftermarket tow mirror kit for $325 + tax, so i'm looking at shy $400 . Not sure what i'm going to do, I want to save the money and go Kool-vue, but if I get them here and anything is wrong, i have the hassle of sending them back to Indiana, then to Discount, and so on. In the end, I figure it probably easier and wiser to pay the extra here and go to the dealer and pay alot more, but if anythings wrong I just drive 35 minutes and get it replaced. Why is stuff so much cheaper in the USA! :mad:

i guess ya don't live no where near the border huh? sucks you couldn't have em ship it to a UPS warehouse right over the line and just drive down and get em....i'd just go the dealer route...but, FWIW, there's a good chance that Kool View actually make the Mopar mirrors, just that they have the Mopar box...and the Mopar price increase...

Hell, you can move here if you want, I am sure we can turn you into a patriot. You would be alot more desirable to have around than the Mulahs that have been coming over by the boat load, only to want to blow us up. And I agree, my tractor is sexy too:thumbup2:

I've been to the US a couple times, last trip was to North Carolina to pick up a speed boat, I always say I could handle living there. Roads are awesome compared to the pothole, crack invested crap roads we drive on,and just different scenery I guess from what I saw all my life. People that move where I am think it's one of the nicest places you could ever live too..I guess I just lived here all my life so I don't see it :whistle:

i guess ya don't live no where near the border huh? sucks you couldn't have em ship it to a UPS warehouse right over the line and just drive down and get em.... i'd just go the dealer route...but, FWIW, there's a good chance that Kool View actually make the Mopar mirrors, just that they have the Mopar box...and the Mopar price increase...

I bit the bullet and ordered them from the dealer today. I was talking to the guy this morning that's painting my truck and he said he broke one on his truck so he bought an aftermarket one and put it on, he said it vibrates at higher speeds, so he thought I was wise to not buy over the net where it's all the shipping involved in case there's something wrong with them :thumbup2: