• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fender flares for a dually

I have flares for the front.  On my other trucks I never noticed any more rust from using flares as long as you prep good and keep them from rubbing the paint off.  

I believe I'm going to run 35's and wanted to protect my dually fenders some from rocks and sand kicked up by the tires.

I’d suggest not running flares also like @Mopar1973Man has said. My truck is proof. The 1 owner before me ran fender flares and bed lined the undersides of the doors and this was the result. Here in Michigan salt is pretty much on the roads year round. You may not see rust right now under your flares but in time guarantee you will. Unless you monthly take them off and wash the fenders really good then that may slow down the rusting process 

6D318011-07EA-4DAC-AAA2-0A11CC7470D6.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Youngblood24v said:

I’d suggest not running flares also like @Mopar1973Man has said. My truck is proof. The 1 owner before me ran fender flares and bed lined the undersides of the doors and this was the result. Here in Michigan salt is pretty much on the roads year round. You may not see rust right now under your flares but in time guarantee you will. Unless you monthly take them off and wash the fenders really good then that may slow down the rusting process 

6D318011-07EA-4DAC-AAA2-0A11CC7470D6.jpeg

I'm going to have flares on the front.   I keep my trucks undercoated.  I was asking about flares for the dually fenders.  I can't see flares making the plastic dually fenders rust out.

The truck is getting a new rust free box and 4 doors.  Frame will be blasted and painted.  Once it's built it won't be driven as much in the salt.  Living where I do the air is always salt.  The windows in my house are always covered in salt residue from the sea spray.

1 minute ago, Tom Robarts said:

I'm going to have flares on the front.   I keep my trucks undercoated.  I was asking about flares for the dually fenders.  I can't see flares making the plastic dually fenders rust out.

The truck is getting a new rust free box and 4 doors.  Frame will be blasted and painted.  Once it's built it won't be driven as much in the salt.  Living where I do the air is always salt.  The windows in my house are always covered in salt residue from the sea spray.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen flares for the rear dually fenders. I’ll have to google it and see some pics. I have to take a hose to my windows after I drive it because my windows turn white from all the salt ? 

2 minutes ago, Youngblood24v said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen flares for the rear dually fenders. I’ll have to google it and see some pics. I have to take a hose to my windows after I drive it because my windows turn white from all the salt ? 

I've never seen flares that I recall on the dually fenders on a 2nd gen, hence the Post.  Apparently the bushwacker flares for 4th gens fit both srw and drw fenders, was just wondering if anyone had found a set for a 2nd gen.  I may just wind up trying this on the rear.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B071G6FGM6/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1518314202&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=1999+dodge+fender+flares