• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DEAD PEDAL! HELP!

Okay I have a 01 2500 24v. Has 168,000 miles. Only thing done to the truck is a 60mm banks turbo and a banks intake. And has a fass fuel system. I bought the truck a month ago. I drove  it over 3 hours home and did great. Soon as I got home it got dead pedal. I got the codes check and it throws codes ( p1693 0121 0113 1698 0522 0562 0237 0217 1488) it’s showing sensors has low voltage. I have a brand new aap sensor from advance auto. And a brand new alternator. And nothing changed. I calibrated like I was supposed to. So i figured it was the computer on the firewall. I bought one from fs1 and it came in today. I hooked it up and nothing changed. Still has dead pedal. (BUT BEFORE I DID ANY IF THIS IT HAD A BOOST FOOLER ON IT. I TOOK IT OFF AND PLUGGED THE ORIGINAL WIRES UP AND IT RAN GREAT FOR 20 min. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT OFF AND EVERYTGING BUT IT CAME BACK. SO I JUST LEFT IT OFF.). I would greatly appreciate any help. I really need this truck fixed    I hate catching a ride to work. Thanks!  (Also truck doesn’t have 2nd gear. Don’t know if that matters or not. ) 

Could be a short in the 5v wires to ground, or it could be a sensor that is internally shorted.  I would clear codes and unplug each sensor one at time and see if the codes come back or not.  

Similar issue when my oil pressure sensor shorted

So today I checked the aap sensor and it was at 5volts and also checked the map and temp switch on the thermostat housing and all was right and around 5 volts. When I revved it up the voltage would stay the same on the aap. Is that right? Also another note is I felt the fuel line that goes into the injection pump and it feels like it’s pulsing at idle. So I got under and was messing with the fass and I unplugged it while it was running and it stayed running with the pump off. Is that correct? 

So today I checked the aap sensor and it was at 5volts and also checked the map and temp switch on the thermostat housing and all was right and around 5 volts. When I revved it up the voltage would stay the same on the aap. Is that right? Also another note is I felt the fuel line that goes into the injection pump and it feels like it’s pulsing at idle. So I got under and was messing with the fass and I unplugged it while it was running and it stayed running with the pump off. Is that correct? 

Could the electronics of the injection pump cause this. Truck has no hesitation to crank at all. It cranks right up every time. No white smoke and no blow by. 

I hate to give you advice on electrical stuff but I have to agree with ^^^ Did you check oil pressure sensor/sending unit 

And truck will run without lift pump but it's not good for a long time especially if you have to drive it that way. Vp has internal pump sufficient enough to idle that's about it. But with an aftermarket pump like fass it has to work extra hard to pull fuel through it. So best not to run truck without lift pump help. 

Fill out your signature so we can all see what we're working with. 

Have you read through the Forum to see any related issues. There's been a lot of discussion lately on AC noise ecms and wiring in general. 

I would definitely start by checking excessive AC noise. 

Then if money is not a big issue maybe change oil sending unit just to rule out an internal shortage of that sensor. You may have 5 volts at the plug but if the sensor is shorted internally when when you put your plug back in it ruins your 5 volt Loop. 

Maybe invent in obdlink, then you can monitor sensors life. You can get one online for 50 bucks shipped. All you do is plug this little box in your OBD and download the app to your phone.

Look for the loose wires bad connections, make sure all your grounds are in great shape battery terminals etc.