Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Laptop won't post

ISX

So I picked up a Toshiba Satellite L35-S2161 and it turns on, but the screen doesn't. There is no hard drive in it but I guess the guy took that out after it stopped working so he could use it in his xbox. So all I see is the green light on front and the fan for the CPU running, when I turn it on. I plugged a monitor into the VGA on the side to see if I could get anything, still nothing. So what all should I check on this thing? Here's the specs. http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/satellite_L35-S2161.pdf

Took the RAM out and did the same thing, showed power light and turned CPU fan on, no beeping, not even with headphones in either jack. Put memory in this laptop and it booted up fine so it checks out. I have the entire thing apart and I noticed there is a lot of sticky stuff on the motherboard where the keyboard would be, thinking someone must have spilled something on it. Thought maybe the GPU would be changeable but it is onboard and yeah, there is no way it's coming out. So I guess the motherboard is toast. Unless you got some other ideas?

Looked around for new motherboard and it seems a lot of them are bad for exactly the same problem. There is no heatsink or anything on the gpu so I wonder if it should have one, if it even is the problem. Hmmmmmmmmmm

• Owner

Most laptops fail from heat issues... Some are either not out fitted with the proper fans, get plugged up with dust, or the fan seize (bearings dry out). Now being that most laptops small opens for ventilation so it can be really hard to keep it cool.

Dell's are the worse for fires... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Another Dell smoked...

Posted Image