• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New guy here

Jimbo1982

Hey everyone, I've owned my 99 cummins for a little over a year now, its got the adrenaline, 5" straight pipe, i was told injectors, but not sure, was told some tranny work, and again, not sure!! Feels good though....raptor lift pump aem intake also. I'm getting almost no black smoke outta this thing, anybody know why?? Pulls like crazy! Fuel pressure is about 14 at idle, but dives down pretty rapidly the farther you push the pedal... down to about 5.

• Like 1

Why do you want black smoke? 

Your fuel pressure is driving too low.  14 psi is the minimum you should have anything below that is potentially damaging the IP.  Correcting your fuel pressure will not lead to black smoke.

• Owner
50 minutes ago, Jimbo1982 said:

I'm getting almost no black smoke outta this thing, anybody know why??

Black smoke just means your wasting fuel and your providing too much fuel for the amount of boost. This is a very good thing your fuel amount to boost is just right. 

50 minutes ago, Jimbo1982 said:

Fuel pressure is about 14 at idle, but dives down pretty rapidly the farther you push the pedal... down to about 5.

For sure need to install a better fuel supply system this is not making the grade for you. You want to have 14 PSI at WOT running down the highway at its lowest. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Are you still using the oe fuel lines? That will cause a pretty good drop in pressure. The big line kit won't help if you are pushing fuel thru the stock lines. Up grade all of your lines and that will help. How much, hard to say until you do it. Little to no smoke is a good thing.