• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody know what hose your kit came with ?

My fass came with IIRC Parker Jiffy Flex #7161 or Parker Jiffy #7212

Which , talking with Eric at Vulcan, is just a cheaper general purpose hose, not the best

Has anyone have hose that is older have surface cracking on the blue outer material?

I worked on a guys truck with a older fass and his parker blue color hose was all dried up cracked looking on the outer blue material. Though his truck was caked in dried mud and rocks evyrywhere underneath and never cleaned. Could of been coated with dried mud/water slury that made it look all cracked

Edited by GSP7

I ran 1/2" line all the way to the front I just have a small section off the tank that is 3/8". I wouldn't think that would hurt the pickup is 5/16". Do you have the name of the manager you talked to at fass,there are some real bozes there. They think I may be bleeding down and sucking air from the factory pipe dope they use on the suction side,so I am going to pull it out and redo it. I guess its possible but i dont have any leaks.He also said put new filters on,just want I want to do is but 2 filters on a system that is a week old.

Not sure if you installed shut off valves or not.  I can isolate every section of hose I have.  About $5.00 each...then remove fitting then screw in a "tank plug" fitting and put in 25 pounds of air to find any leaks.  For viewing inside tank at bulk head fitting bore scope hooked up to cell phone.  

20170922_152451.jpg

Edited by 015point9
Add pic