• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline

adamey1000

Well the Quad has arrived and is installed. I am very happy with the amount of tunability that it has. I am working my way through building some tunes up, but I have to say, I just don’t see the level of performance that some people seem to have. I have seen a couple people say that they are breaking tires loose while towing, and mine hasn’t come close to turning them over empty! It is definitely a big step over stock, and a decent step over the smarty, but I am not just blown away with the amount of power I am making so far. It could certainly be in my tuning skills, so I am still optimistic! My big worry is I am possibly low on compression (unrelated to the Quad) and that may be impacting the performance. I may have to perform a compression test and check it out. I have a noticeable amount of blow by, so could be the case. 

• Owner
4 hours ago, adamey1000 said:

My big worry is I am possibly low on compression (unrelated to the Quad) and that may be impacting the performance. I may have to perform a compression test and check it out. I have a noticeable amount of blow by, so could be the case. 

Blow by some times is worried about too much. Serious blow by you will have something like this...

Image result for mopar1973man blowby

4 hours ago, adamey1000 said:

but I am not just blown away with the amount of power I am making so far.

You might want to upload a copy of your tune and members here can discuss the settings with you. Just having the timing wrong or the fuel curve set up wrong can limit the power. Another member was using boost limits and that cutting the fuel by 70% on the top end. So poor set up of a tune could possibly limit your power.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Blow by some times is worried about too much. Serious blow by you will have something like this...

Image result for mopar1973man blowby

You might want to upload a copy of your tune and members here can discuss the settings with you. Just having the timing wrong or the fuel curve set up wrong can limit the power. Another member was using boost limits and that cutting the fuel by 70% on the top end. So poor set up of a tune could possibly limit your power.

Mine is nothing like that! I have no doubt that my tuning abilities are lacking. I will upload the tune I am using. This is loaded from my Dropbox using an iPhone, so if it doesn’t work, let me know. This one is decent power and pretty smooth. 

iquad-2018-06-15-08.08.07.json