• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline

adamey1000

I think it is time for me to make the jump to a more capable tuning box. I have decided that the Adrenaline is the way to go, mostly from lurking and reading all the great information on this forum. I have a few questions. 

Is there any difference in the iQuad and the iQuadbt? I know one is for iPhone and the other for android, but is there any other difference? My phone is an iPhone, but would it be beneficial to get an android device to keep in the truck?

I have never used a wire tap box. Is the stealth plate a good purchase? I want to do the wire tap once and know it’s done right. 

Since I am running on the stock turbo, I have blocked the WG off to let the turbo build boost. With the smarty and injectors, I have been building 34lbs max. I assume with the extra fuel that I will need to get an adjustable boost elbow to keep from over driving the turbo. Is there one that you guys prefer over another? I would like to set it around 32lbs or so for now until I head studs and get a bigger turbo. 

Will the Adrenaline come with all of the probes or sensors that it requires? I have a full set of mechanical gauges that I would like to keep. Will the Adrenaline still be able to monitor everything it needs to do it’s job? Installing a second egt probe is not big deal, but if it can piggyback on the existing, that would be great. 

I would appreciate a quote quote on all of the things above as well. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, adamey1000 said:

Is there any difference in the iQuad and the iQuadbt?

Yes. iQuad is WiFi and iQuadBT is BlueTooth. I'm using a LG G5 phone (android).

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/12976-getting-the-most-from-a-lg-g5-cellphone/

I know one is for iPhone and the other for android, but is there any other difference?

Beyond that no, that I know of.

My phone is an iPhone, but would it be beneficial to get an android device to keep in the truck?

That's up to you. I've been using my android phone as a phone, MP3 player, iQuad, and OBDLink app. I can voice command anything I want and even send text messages without touching the phone. Totally up to you if you want 2 devices in your truck on one.

Will the Adrenaline come with all of the probes or sensors that it requires?

No. Fuel pressure is extra. I didn't install a fuel pressure for the iQuad.

I have a full set of mechanical gauges that I would like to keep.

Good. This means you can run the Quadzilla headless. In other words you can set it and forget it. No need to fire up your device everytime. Also means no one will know there is even a tuner present. I'm also the same way I don't really use the gauges on the iQuad but I already have full set of gauges now on the A-pillar. This more fun because people think the truck is stock now. Even more fun when they come un-corked when the power comes on. Then they ask where is the tuner?

Installing a second egt probe is not big deal, but if it can piggyback on the existing, that would be great. 

No, you cannnot piggy back. Myst be a second probe installed. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick reply! I have a BT head unit in my truck that I use for phone calls and music. Would I still be able to use it and be connected? It shounds like if I am not using the Quad for gauges, it may be a non issue, but will it still log data if it not connected constantly? And without the egt connection I assume that the turbo cool down timer would not function? 

When the Quad comes, will it have factory tunes installed, or will I need to build totally custom tunes? I see in some places it says it has 10 power levels, but would I need to build up tunes for those 10 levels, or are they pre-loaded?

Edited by adamey1000

• Owner
11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

The only reason I suggest people use android is cost to replace,  an android device can be found for 1/10 that of a IOS device.  If you run like Moparman says then that doesn't matter.

When I bought moparMom here LG G4 phone it was only $200. Then when I bought my LG G5 for my self which I'm currently using it was closer to $300. 

9 minutes ago, adamey1000 said:

I have a BT head unit in my truck that I use for phone calls and music. Would I still be able to use it and be connected?

You could if you have a phone like my LG G5 which is dual Bluetooth. So I could hook up to two separate bluetooth device at the same time. 

it may be a non issue, but will it still log data if it not connected constantly?

Yes.

And without the egt connection I assume that the turbo cool down timer would not function? 

Correct there is no cooldown function. No defuel function for over temp either. 

When the Quad comes, will it have factory tunes installed, or will I need to build totally custom tunes?

Or come back here and download a custom tune from the download area. 

but would I need to build up tunes for those 10 levels, or are they pre-loaded?

Not required. I'm only using 8 levels on my current tune. Totally selectable on how many levels you want to have. The level 4 to X is how much you split up your wiretap. Since I've got 8 levels that means 4 (25%), 5 (50%), 6 (75%), 7 (100%). Also, remember the count starts from ZERO. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

22 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

The Device I used as a screen was $25, it did not have to act as a cell phone, only needed bt.  

That may actually be the best option for me. So even though my iPhone is BT capable, it won’t connect to the iQuadBT? I guess I just don’t understand why it would not connect. I would love to be able to buy one and use whichever device worked out better for me. 

Just now, Me78569 said:

IOS does not allow the data stream to work over BT.  

Well dang. I guess I have a decision to make. 

Did either of of you guys use the stealth cover to connect your wire taps? Not sure if it is worth the extra money or not. I want to make sure that I get the best connection, but don’t like wasting money if there is no benefit. 

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Like my LG G5 phone allows for either 2 data stream over BlueTooth or 1 data stream or 1 audio stream. Might consider changing phones. Android / Linux we've got cookies over here. :lmao:

I am just so far invested in iTunes at this point! My phone is also work issued, and I have another year before I can request a change in device. 

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

what no impact driver install?

Thought about it.... But then again the stealth cover is probably one of the easiest installations I've done (not looking forward to setting pinion depth for my rear end tonight)

Stealth cover is really nice for tapping the VP and makes sure you get it right.

You don’t need an egt probe hooked up to the quad for the turbo timer to work. You can simply set it for a certain time and the truck will continue running after you turn off the key for that set time.

• Owner

I am just so far invested in iTunes at this point! My phone is also work issued, and I have another year before I can request a change in device. 

You can do the iQuad head for now and then buy the iQuad BT head later. 

I am just so far invested in iTunes at this point!

Geez... You buy music? Maybe you should do it like us Linux/Android folks do for FREE...

https://www.mp3juices.cc/

I've never paid for music. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 6/1/2018 at 11:58 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

You can do the iQuad head for now and then buy the iQuad BT head later. 

Geez... You buy music? Maybe you should do it like us Linux/Android folks do for FREE...

https://www.mp3juices.cc/

I've never paid for music. 

Just a couple more questions...

if if I buy the iQuadBT, can the BT device be removed and the quad be used WiFi? Since the price is the same for the iQuad and iQuadBT, I assume that it’s not that easy. But if you can add the BT head later, maybe it is. 

Which tuning should I opt for? Is the V2 the one that I want? It appears to have the most tuning options. Can the base code be changed easily? If I decided I wanted the ADR1000 for instance, how hard would it be to change it? 

I appreciate all of the help! I just sold my other tuners and boxes, so I am flush and just about to order the ADR. Not looking forward to driving around stock for the next week or so. 

• Owner
2 hours ago, adamey1000 said:

if I buy the iQuadBT, can the BT device be removed and the quad be used WiFi?

Yes. You can swap the transmitter heads at any time.

Since the price is the same for the iQuad and iQuadBT, I assume that it’s not that easy.

Actually, it is. Just buy the other transmitter head and swap it.

Which tuning should I opt for? Is the V2 the one that I want?

Yes you want V2 tuning.

If I decided I wanted the ADR1000 for instance, how hard would it be to change it? 

Flash the Quadzilla back to V1 tunning. I wouldn't suggest it though it very limited.

• Thanks 1

Reading through the tuning guide and the install manual on the Quadzilla website helped a lot. With that and the answers here I think I have a better handle on what the Quad can do. Thank you for the help! I am sure that I will have more questions in the future as I learn.