• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Getting the most from a LG G5 cellphone...

• Owner

I've managed to get the most out of a single device... The device is my LG G5 cell phone. I recently picked up a gooseneck cell phone holder . This turned out awesome being it will bolt right to the seat frame on the passenger side there is a bolt you can loosen and mount the gooseneck to the seat. Now with a bit of work routing wiring and hiding the wires I've got it cleaned up as much as possible. So what can I do with this setup? My Kenwood stereo has an AUX audio jack so all audio is piped into the stereo speakers. This makes hands free cell phone calls really great. On my SD memory card I store music and movies so when I'm down in Ontario, OR and nothing to do I can pull up a movie lean the drivers seat back a bit and watch movies. If I've got business to do I can fire up the WiFi hotspot toss the laptop on the center console and get web work done on the road. As for the cell phone, I've got two apps that run all the time. That being Quadzilla iQuad App and DashCommand. My LG G5 cell phone can handle 2 Bluetooth signals at the same time. The second connection can be an audio device if I want. This has turned out to be quite the setup and really enjoy it for those long hauls back and forth to Ontario, OR. 

DSCF4289.JPG

You can see the green aux audio cable in the stereo. That goes down to the cell phone. As for my power I've got a 3 port cigarette lighter dock. I routed it down to the floor near the transfer case lever. My GPS on my dash and my radar detector are routed down to this power point. 

DSCF4288.JPG

So this is how I've managed to keep going and doing business as I travel. 

• Owner

Basically every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I make a 250 mile round trip for @MoparMom Dialysis requirements. While I'm on the road I wanted to make everything as easy as possible. From taking cell phone call, listening to MP3 music when FM radio fails. Entertainment (movies) for when there is nothing left to do but wait. Data logging for both MPG's and iQuad. Since I'm stuck in the truck for 13 hours 3 days a week I might as well be comfortable and capable of getting work done on web sites. Being now I run two business which is Mopar1973Man.Com and PrevailWebManagement.com. So I'm managing 5 web sites in total now. My truck is more comfortable than any medical waiting room. My WiFi doesn't have a firewall blocking important ports for reaching server control panels. Then taking care of members that call me on the road, not a problem with 4 speaker stereo even MoparMom can get into the conversation. 

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

:stirthepot::thud::poke:nasa's jealous 

Well, at least the space shuttle has more room than a Dodge Ram Quad Cab... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

@dripley lol, can't tell when you're joking, no my truck is still dark green quad cabb. That's a random picture I found on line of someone that has some body skills and more time then me. I could really use a 4 door cab like that hauling kids all over. I'd probably drive the truck daily too instead of a car.

I was just joking. Sometimes I am so FOS it confuses me.