• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 BUCKING ISSUE

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

How are you scanning for codes?  

Do you have anyway to track sensor data to see the values they are reporting?  

No was to track sensor data.  No code errors being displayed.

Just now, Me78569 said:

Does it ever go away or is it as simple as, if you are using throttle it is bucking and if you are at 0% tps then it doesn't buck?   

As I'm driving with the pedal depressed an bucking action will occur at which point I release from the pedal. I'll be able to drive for another 5 minutes before another bucking occurs at which point I'll release from the pedal.  All this time the transmission never achieves overdrive because the bucking is so constant.

At 0% TPS I'll have to say that there is no bucking at all.  I notice this as I pull from my house and drive to the highway.  It takes about 5 minutes and I use this time for my truck to completely warm up as the pedal is at 0% TSP

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Does it ever go away or is it as simple as, if you are using throttle it is bucking and if you are at 0% tps then it doesn't buck?   

0% TPS no bucking at all.  Driving on the highway when a bucking occur I release the pedal and the bucking goes away for about 5 minutes.  I do this until I reach my destination.  Driving from my house to the highway at only idle speed and 0% TPS there is no bucking at all

6 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I think to track this down you are going to need a method to see sensor data when it happens.     

What year it the truck?

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I think to track this down you are going to need a method to see sensor data when it happens.     

What year it the truck?

What device can I use??  If you're confident you can solve this issue... How's about a trip??

• Owner

@Me78569

Idle software from the ECM seems to be clean. It's when it flips over to throttle mode fuel data gets dirty. 

Best suggestion is to grab an OBDLink OBDII dongle and data log both the TPS and the Engine Load in graph mode. At least we can see what TPS and the fuel signals are doing.

Here is another members post about a possible APPS issues which in his case turned to be a bad ECM. We need the data of the TPS and engine load to figure out whats going on. Yes, it's possible the ECM could be damaged. 

Screenshot_20180530-153622.jpg

20180530_164030.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

@Me78569

Idle software from the ECM seems to be clean. It's when it flips over to throttle mode fuel data gets dirty. 

Best suggestion is to grab an OBDLink OBDII dongle and data log both the TPS and the Engine Load in graph mode. At least we can see what TPS and the fuel signals are doing.

Here is another members post about a possible APPS issues which in his case turned to be a bad ECM. We need the data of the TPS and engine load to figure out whats going on. Yes, it's possible the ECM could be damaged. 

I replaced the TSP with brand new ones all of different makes 3 times already...

STOCK, WELLS and Timbos

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

Please tell us EXACTLY what the WTS light does when you key on.  When does it turn on and off?

I'll have to get back to you on this one as I want to be exact with the timimg

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Again not a APPS problem ECM problem I need the data... Again look at my post I updated it...

Okay

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Basically the TPS is how much fuel your commanding, engine load is how much fuel given. So if you command high amounts of fuel and the engine load is jumping like a jack rabbit then the ECM is damaged and providing bad data to the VP44

I have a brand new after market ECM that I removed after changing it didn't solve the problem.  So I went back to the stock ECM.

22 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

What year it the truck?

I've this for over a year.  Can this be used to track data to help nail down the problem??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W0SDLRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yes, install an app like torque and setup gauges for TPS, voltage, mph, load, etc etc.  ANY sensor value, show it and watch for anything weird. 

I would not count on an aftermarket ECM being any good.  They are a HARD part to find a good one of.

Edited by Me78569

Just now, Me78569 said:

yes, install an app like torque and setup gauges for TPS, voltage, mph, etc etc.  

Okay....  I'll have some hard data for you guys soon.

I have the following apps already installed on my iPhone:

DashCmd

OBD Fusion

Car Scanner

OBDCarDoctor

I'll try them all because I'm really desperate