• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wife left in a Subaru... came home in a Jaguar!!

a 1989 Jaguar XS6... pretty color but "as is" this auction example is a piece of crap. Dear Daughter's VW broke down... It's been at a garage for a week. With herself & husband & toddler to transport... she'd borrowed an aunt's car. After a week, it had to go back, thankful for the use. So wife left daughter with the Subaru while she tried out a number of vehicles to borrow off her brother's used car lot. Admittedly these vehicles were not ready to sell, but she went through several that she took back before the Jag. The J had one headlight out (H3 sealed beam) but had a spare in the trunk... we installed it yesterday in about 2 hours. The door locks & electronics don't work right. I'm driving the CTD daily instead of the Cirris which needs brakes all around. My buddy promised we could do them in his son's garage but the stuff hit the fan (bank has foreclosed) & that's not happening. I'm having trouble finding someone who'll work with the parts I already own.Daughter had her VW towed to dealer Friday. The guy at the "import garage" was not happy but after more than a week, he'd not been able to fix it. I hope the Subaru comes home quickly.Russ

i am in a similar boat. when my wife and i were introduced, she owned a 93 honda accord. ~2.5 yrs ago the head gasket blew out. bought a donor car and have been fighting that battle ever since. finally got everything working good(including the electronics and ac). and now its on the blink.:cry: something killed a good battery. it had 7volts at the terminals and was missing real bad.my ranger's 5speed has me looking for a salvage trans. out of the truck, you can spin the input and it works in every gear. when its in the truck, all gears work, except 5th. you put it into gear and let off the clutch. it grinds and throws its self out of gear.:mad: i have tore it apart ~4 times and now have stretched the $45 tapered roller bearing the supports the output shaft. it now whines when moving.:banghead: of the 2trucks and 2 cars that run, only 2 have batteries(dodge and wifey's riding the 90 cavalier). we have been juggling regular maintenance with the money available:broke: since oct.(when worked died out). and now we are moving 100 miles away to a house with no garage and 1 car driveway. i wonder where i can park 5 car's and 3 trailers:stuned:i wish i lived closer to you russ. i would come over and help you get your cirris running. check out that 5" exhaust on your CTD. it is fortunate that you have enough to help your daughter, as many of my friends are not so lucky.