• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HFRR question

Don't know what the actual "number" would be; but by my way of thinking if you make the ratio less lean on 2 stroke ( meaning more 2 stroke per volume or diesel ) the numbers would have to get better!!! But I'm just a simpleton and what do I know!!!! :smart

There is a rather complicated formula for predicting solutions, as tin and lead making solder and melting at a lower temp than either of the seperate metals. The curves were generally dog leg in that the change went linear on the short chart unless on the dog leg part of the chart.Another example would be the expansion of water when it freezes- from 23F to 24F it expands 10% but then it starts contracting - so protecting to 24F will solve the breakage of stuff containing water. No broken blocks of split pipes, you just can't use them because of the hard water problem ( ice).I think that the 200:1 ratio may have been to show the Optilube products above rather than below 2cycle, at $50 per test in a certified lab there is a good possibility that the tests were subsidised. Not much they can do about the B2 results - it is he lowest mix slod.Do you want to take up a collection to test other ratios?keydl

• Owner

I admit your right... About the math... I tend to like to keep things simple...But as for taking up a collection it would be rather difficult being my member base is rather small and random. :rolleyesNow if the member base was to improve and there was a show of activity I would say we had a chance at getting this testing done on the fuel and 2 cycle oil. So Keydl are you willing to bring more members in to the group??? :confused:

I thought about just doubling the improvement like you said above, but I was thinking that might not be the most scientific and accurate way. But even rated in the HFRR scale at less than the potency we run, the rating is still good and it can only get better at higher concentrations..

I guess the thing that I wanted to point out was that the chemistry - that I have mostly forgotten - the results are almost as probable to be 62 points or 300 points for the difference. Single point on a graph. Two points make a trend and 10 points will draw a line - either faired for % of accuracy of the results or spot on because the tests are well designed for the purpose. He had a special deal of $50 a test, sounds 1/2 price - that may be subsidised by the company that filled the spaces between biodiesel and 2cycle.It would be a good advertising expendeture for a product coming to market. I don't think that anything is off - except all of the info on 2cycle is 1:128 not 1:200. I have not seen that ratio anyplace but there. Just call me paranoid :) I would have bought in at 1:100 because that is the highest listed on the product label.What I really want to know is what it takes to make a HFRR of 350 to meet the design for my engines.Maybe we need private brand or a pump kit to measure the amount. The more we charge the more most people will want the stuff.An extra tank (5 gal) lines ( ss braid ) a chrome 1 oz pump and a kit to bolt it on and fill from gallons or 5 gallon jugs. $800? :)keydl