• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Additives Again

cessna

I posted this on another site and didn't receive any useful responses. I think that this group is more knowledgeable on the subject.I've been adding Stanadyne Lubricity Formula to my fuel. My mpg went up about .7 mpg after starting to use it. I've been using about 2.1 oz per 15 gallons.I also have Power Service that I haven't used yet and want to use up. Is there a problem with using both the Stanadyne and Power Service or would this not be recommended? If both were used would the quantity of each be split in half?Regards,cessna

They can work together, but the PS will lessen the lubricity of the other. I have tried all kinds of combos as far as additives go and have never had an issue. I did a test a few years ago and ran MMO with PS, MMO and Stanadyn, 2 stroke and PS and a lot more. I was trying to find out what would be the best for MPG but I forget what it was. Because soon after that, I started running 2 stroke oil and have not looked back.

• Owner

MattyMx is right...PS is much lower on the lubricity measurement compared to Standyne... But If you use very little of the PS say (2-5 Ozs) per full tank of guel you'll be able to rid yourself of it without reducing the HFRR to much. But if you wanted to get rid of quickly get some Opti-lube and use the two products together. That way the Opti-lube builds up a good lubricity and the PS can piggy back with suck it back down to bad...

Have you checked out the price of the opti lube XPD? They want like $40/ gallon+ shipping. No thanks. My wally world oil does just fine.

• Owner

Have you checked out the price of the opti lube XPD? They want like $40/ gallon+ shipping. No thanks. My wally world oil does just fine.

Like me I buy 4 gallons of Supertech Outboard oil in the spring and fall... $8.00 x 4 = $32 for 6 months of fuel treatment $32 x 2 = $64 for the entire year for 2 cycle oil... Still cheaper for Wally World oil... LOL

MattyMx is right... PS is much lower on the lubricity measurement compared to Standyne... But If you use very little of the PS say (2-5 Ozs) per full tank of guel you'll be able to rid yourself of it without reducing the HFRR to much.

I realize that using the PS will reduce the lubricity of the other. I bought a gallon pf PS before I started with the Stanadyne and just want to use it up. I was asking about combining the two and if the quantities of each should be cut in half for a 50/50 mix. From what I am hearing here, that it would be suggested to use the full amount of Stanadyne and go with the 2 1/2 oz of PS per full tank. Am I understanding the discussion right? I may switch to the 2-cycle oil after I use up what I have. I never received a definitive answer to my earlier question regarding the affect the 2-cycle oil may have on the emissions test; so, I've held off so far. I did check at Wally World before getting the PS and they didn't have the oil that was recommended here. As you probably know, mention adding 2-cycle oil on other sites will likely get one burned at the stake! cessna

I just found this place and I am trying to figure everything out... I drive an 06 dodge 3500 5.9 and my old truck is a 99 model 2500 5.9 ----I have tryed to figure from other boards what additives to use or not use .. I am sure this has been discussed 100 times ...but please one more time what is best and in what ratios if it is mixed :confused:

• Owner

I just found this place and I am trying to figure everything out... I drive an 06 dodge 3500 5.9 and my old truck is a 99 model 2500 5.9 ----I have tryed to figure from other boards what additives to use or not use .. I am sure this has been discussed 100 times ...but please one more time what is best and in what ratios if it is mixed :confused:

Here you go... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/2-cycle-oil.htm http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/failure/failure.htm

• 2 months later...
Like me I buy 4 gallons of Supertech Outboard oil in the spring and fall... $8.00 x 4 = $32 for 6 months of fuel treatment $32 x 2 = $64 for the entire year for 2 cycle oil... Still cheaper for Wally World oil... LOL

• 2 months later...
:2cents: Michael & all, I’m dying to tell a 2 stroke success story. My brother has a truck just like mine, 2001.5, 4x4, auto… except his is a long box, they were pretty much the same at the factory. I have been telling him for years things he ought to do to his truck and why, he still has no idea what his FP is from the LP, not even a dummy light. Well about a month ago he was here and I poured a quart of 2stroke in his tank. He has since picked up his own. He claims, 2mpg improvement on his overhead, he doesn’t even look, so hand calculate is out. He is definitely sold on 2 stroke at this point. Now he is finally looking at an aftermarket LP and a DSS.So last Saturday he was headed home from a trip and stopped in. We got to talking about the 2 stroke and he has been adding 2oz/gal. I asked why so much he said, “That is how much you (me) said to add.” I said, “no, I told you 1oz/gal.” He said, “That is what I’m doing.” I said, “You do know there are 32oz/quart?” He said, “Yes” I said, “There are 4 quarts/gal” He smiled and said, “Well, is it hurting anything?”I said, “I don’t think so.”He said, "I guess it is well lubed." LOL So here is the short tutorial, for those who need it.If you aim for 1oz./gal. 1 qt.= 32oz.2qt.=1 half gal.=64oz.4qt.=1 gal.=128oz.Most of our trucks half tank = half qt., or for 30ish gal use the whole quart.For you guys north of the boarder you are on your own for conversion, eh.

• Owner

Thanks Jeff...But only one thing let me straighten out your math there bud...Most Dodge trucks are 35 gallon fuel tanks. 35 gallon tank x 128 ounces in a gallon = 4,480 ounces of fuel128:1 ratio is needed for 2nd Gen's...4,480 Ounces of fuel / 128:1 Ratio Mix = 35 ounces of oilSo basically if the tank holds 35 Gallons you would add 35 ounces of oil on first dose. After that you pump in 10 gallons you need 10 ounces of oil. Then in you only pump 12.8 just added 13 Ounces of oil... Really simple... :thumbsup