• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door chime

Anyone know how to unhook the door chime so i can have my door open with the keys in the ignition without hearing that dam thing dingin all the time :banghead: I notice it's a box type affair the noise is coming out of but wasn't sure what else it's controlling :shrug:

It's that box in the fuse panel, you probably saw it. It just pulls out but you can only pull it out a little bit before it hits the side of the dash, on mine anyways. I just left it and didn't worry about pulling it out. Maybe you can get it out on yours.

Are you sure? Mine is right on the side of the dash on the fuse panel. Maybe 24v is different. I beat the hell out of mine til it stopped making noise :lmao: (which was the point at which it finally came out of the plug it is in) Wherever it is, I doubt anything is going to happen by removing it. Mine is just a black box that contains the buzzer. The thing in the square is what made all the noise on mine. I just pulled it back until it popped out of the socket, but you can see I can't get it out at all because of everything in the way, so I just leave it there. http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Truck%20Stuff/Ryan's%20Dodge/Interior/Other/IMG_1416.jpg

• Owner

One the 12V series they have buzzers like ISX shown and some are in the fuse panel and some are just under the knee bolster... But now get to the 24V series they embedded the chime (dinger) in the central timer box so if you disconnect that you lose a bunch of things like wipers and other needed stuff. But if you remove the box or find the hole and cover it with duct tape or silcone. I imagine if your smart and looked over the wiring you might even find the trigger lead in the door..

Can you just pull the key 1/8" out? That works on mine. Wont disabling the chime effect lights and other things too?

I sometimes am doing things to the truck though and have the stereo going, but need the door open so it gets tiring hearing that things dingin the whole while

• Owner

Can you just pull the key 1/8" out? That works on mine. Wont disabling the chime effect lights and other things too?

Don't work on mine... I can pull the key completely out of the ignition in the ACC position and still DING DING DING... I'm just so tired right now I can even figure out how the wiring of the light, door switch and central timer come to play but I'll figure it out...

Don't work on mine... I can pull the key completely out of the ignition in the ACC position and still DING DING DING... I'm just so tired right now I can even figure out how the wiring of the light, door switch and central timer come to play but I'll figure it out...

on my truck if I put it in the "ON" position and have the door open it dings a few times and then quits... I think..... I drive soo many vehicles i could be mixing this up :lmao:

Does anyone got a pic of the 24v one? Is it the same as mine? I think there are just 2 discs inside that black box and mine looks to have a way of opening the box and then I suppose you could easily remove them. Not sure, let me go hammer my box out so I can open it up.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Alright I was a little off with the disc thing. Don't remember where I saw that. This entire thing was labeled "Buzzer" where it plugged into the fuse block.

http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Truck%20Stuff/Ryan's%20Dodge/Interior/Other/IMG_1423.JPG

• Owner

Does anyone got a pic of the 24v one? Is it the same as mine? I think there are just 2 discs inside that black box and mine looks to have a way of opening the box and then I suppose you could easily remove them. Not sure, let me go hammer my box out so I can open it up.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Alright I was a little off with the disc thing. Don't remember where I saw that. This entire thing was labeled "Buzzer" where it plugged into the fuse block.

http://www.mopar1973man.com//isx97/Truck%20Stuff/Ryan's%20Dodge/Interior/Other/IMG_1423.JPG

Yeap that is identical to my Mom's 96 except for where it hooks up...