• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok been a day or two since i showed my ignorance about diesels .so here goes.....i have seen a few posts on the five and six speed manual trannys and several have mentioned pto covers on them ( mostly related to hawkeyes post of his six speed break down ...) my question is is the same type of pto that fire trucks with pump and drive characteristics or farm tractors use ?......and if so then that should mean a much more reliable pto driven winch could b connected to these transmissions right?

Correct. They are standard PTO's. It is everything you think it is. Problem is, how do you get something in it.. I have no room on the passenger side because of the exhaust, and on the drivers side, it is still just a tight fit to put anything in there. I've had many dreams of what to do with it also :lol: Air compressor, generator.. Just almost impossible to do.

• Like 2