• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

IAT Senors fault

• Owner

Well gang... I figured I'd share a experience with you all... I've got a home made high idle kit on my Cummins that electronically fools the ECM to thinking it cold and tripping the high idle software... But what was occurring is that as I drove down the highway I would listen to a random cyclic timing changing heavy advancement (heavy ping) to retarding (quiet). But I had no CEL (check engine light), codes displayed on the ScanGauge II, or unusual IAT temps. Till finally I tripped a code P0113 which I knew was a IAT sensor code and the display showed the -40*F for temp. But I reset the code and watch the display as a I traveled started seeing slightly off numbers you really have to watch the numbers closely and listen but you could see the number and timing rattle change up and down randomly till -40*F and CEL would pop... Well come to find out my IAT lead in my high idle fooler has damage somewhere so now to repairing my custom mod...

• Owner

Sensor is good but the high idle wiring has a random issue.... Yes the CEL was trip as soon as the -40*F was displayed on the SGII... So like I tell everyone that sees MAP sensor codes with a box... Pull the addon stuff off, clear the code and take it for a drive if the code is gone then the box is to blame... If the code comes back then the sensor is to blame... So in my case I removed the addon wiring cleared the code and drove the rest of the day without a problem so the addon wiring is to blame...

hopfully not an internal short my new ecm is the result of me finding this forum so i know first hand the impending financial doom of a ecm replacment, ive had my truck in working order several months now and still too gun shy to reinstall mt edge set up for risk of damaging the replacment ecm.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

hey look there post number 20 sweet i reached puberty on your web sight:thumbup2:

• Staff

This is such a useful feature, I use it all the time on mine. Hopefully you get the wiring figured out..I wonder if you could get a resistor or something in the mix to only show the ECM around 0*, so its not at the max and you get out of rationality?