• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dead pedal?/delayed throttle response

I own a 2002 ram 2500 6 speed with the HO cummins, 145k, recently i was pulling my equipment trailer and upon taking off from a stop sign had what felt to be a dead pedal/poor throttle response, taking 2x-3x as long to get up to around 2000rpm than it normally would. Slight bucking would occur but more of the issue is the slow throttle response. No matter where the pedal position is, there is no change in throttle response, its just a matter of slowly building rpms. Even though the throttle response is slow, the truck will get up to 3500rpm. I did have a garage do a diagnostic on it and they claimed fuel pressure from the lift pump was sufficient. There is no excess exhaust smoke. The truck starts and idles well. Codes thrown are the following: P PCU 0122, 1693 P ECU 0236, 0122, 1693. I have already installed a new fuel filter. Resistance and voltage pertaining to the apps sensor were taken and were found to be outside the specified range so as to determine that the apps sensor was no good. Installed new apps sensor and problem still exists. Looking for any input. Many have told me that theyre leaning to a VP44 but arent exactly sure. Thanks guys. As this is my first post, i hope that i have been thorough enough with details, let me know if i have missed any. chris

I can look at my egt readings, at what point should i monitor them, ie, length of run time, certain rpm range, etc? Michael, havent had much time to go through any wiring yet, but im gonna plug away at it and hope for the best. Interestingly, my local dodge dealer said that when the map sensor is replaced, they also sell a rewiring kit. Im not sure where i would find service bulletin information for the map sensor replacement or if there was a recall or something with map sensor wiring, being that they told me to also replace the wiring with the sensor, dont know if you have ever heard of that. Thanks again for your help. Ill keep ya posted.