• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok quick question ....i know the 98.5 nv4500 from factory was supposed to produce 230 if i remember correctly ..so nowfor the question ...over time if nothing significant (broken pieces in the motor or drive train) can one expect to lose ....mileage is 295,543. The reason i ask is im trying to figure where i currently stand horsepower wise ....i know the only true way to know is to put it on a dyno ....unfortunatley none close/affordable

ok quick question ....i know the 98.5 nv4500 from factory was supposed to produce 230 if i remember correctly ..so nowfor the question ...over time if nothing significant (broken pieces in the motor or drive train) can one expect to lose ....mileage is 295,543. The reason i ask is im trying to figure where i currently stand horsepower wise ....i know the only true way to know is to put it on a dyno ....unfortunatley none close/affordable

235hp and about 460ft lb of torque, assuming it is in good running order. the electronics will keep it in that ballpark. if your VP44 is on the way out, probably less. then manual trans and diff are geared and will transfer that power well as long as its taken care of(ie fluid is full and changed at manufacture's set intervals).
  • Like 1

• Owner

Factory HP for a 98.5 was 215 HP at the flywheel.

Well as for where you stand HP wise. There is a lot of factors that will affect a dyno run. Size of tires, dually or single rear, brakes dragging, clutch/TQ Conv performance.

The quick and dirty way is a SGII it got a HP display function on it...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP11AVA8ly0

Pretty darn close to what my dyno sheet has...

Edge 5x5 381/826 and 379/831 then stock 228/462

Posted Image

Posted Image