• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission/transfer case leak.

So I crawled under my 99 4x4 looking at taking my exhaust off to make way for my new 4inch straight pipe and noticed at the back of the transmission where the transfer case bolts up is wet. I’m assuming the rear seal on the tranny. Should this be fixable by dropping the transfer case?

• Owner

Yes sir it is. Get both seals the rear seal for the transmission then the front seal for the transfer case. 

Be aware... I've done this on another truck and the seals didn't last at all. Make sure the bearings on both ends are in good shape. If there is shaft movement, grooves in the shaft seal area or damage you might have a leak till you make the proper repairs.