• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello Everybody!

automater

Howdy folks, 

I recently purchased an 01' 2500 SLT that's in absolutely immaculate condition. It's a Long bed with 3.54 gears, and it's 100% original minus a modest lift, aftermarket set of 16" wheels, 275/75/16 rubber, a raptor 150 lift pump and a nice set of mirrors. It's Black/Tan leather with chrome rocker panels. With 123k on it, its just getting broken in and I plan on driving it forever. This is my first diesel, first turbocharged vehicle, and first dodge. I've had it just over a month now and I've already got big plans. Top tier include a complete fluid change which is mostly done already, repairing the drivers side seat heater, and fixing a small chip in the windshield. After that will come a Hamilton 178/208 cam with 103# valve springs, a hx35/40 hybrid turbocharger, and a custom built center console to house a nice set of gauges, oil pres, trans temp, boost pres, fuel pres, IAT, diff temp... Who knows maybe a couple more. I'll mount my toggle switches for the reverse lights, and IAT fooler there too. It will also hold my scanner and CB radio. After that I (might) look into a quadzilla and it sounds like a built transmission? I'll have the wheels for sale when I replace the tires next, they're nice but the wont house the gen 3 rotors/calipers, which will be happening. I hear the frame needs stabilized and you can upgrade the drag link to a 3rd gen as well, the front end was recently completely rebuilt, so we'll see first hand just how bad the front end holds up on these lifted 4x4s...

I love the pickup and I'm excited to make this thing the way I want it, I'm sure the community here will prove to be a valuable source of information along the way!

- Henry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1