• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Does two cycle fuel stop gelling in the winter?It would seem logical that someone would have taken some of the fuel mixed with two cycle oil, and put a sample in the freezer and looked at it as it got cold to see if it would gel!I haven't seen any posts where someone has tried it.

• Owner

In theory it helps as for factual testing it not been done... Like saying you got a cup of water you know freezes at 32*F but now you got a second cup of salt water (unknown amount of salt) but start adding salt water to the water and the freeze point will decrease. How much unknown but it will lower it... Same with most diesel fuel Like around here its CP (Cloud point) is around +25*F so if you add 2 cycle oil (snowmobile) with a pour point of -50*F I'm sure it will aid it reducing it but how far I don't know...

• Staff

In line with what Michael says, it may effect the cloud point.. But the most important thing is to buy winteriezed fuel. Now where Michael and I live the fuel is winterized early, and never seems to be an issues without anti-gel additive for me. But whenever I go somewhere new I as about the fuel. I carry anti-gel and emergency gel removal additives with me in the winter, just in case.

agree with the two above... but I dont have to worry about gelling the fuel down here....he-he what I have to worry about down here is, well how do I put it nicely...forget the fuel gelliing causing me not to be able to drive my truck...I have to worry about the Government not allowing me to drive my truck....can you say SMOG and CARB trying to remove my truck from the road little by little...(sry for the thread hijack) NCA