• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Amsoil Engine Flush

AH64ID

• Staff

I am going to start this by saying... I KNOW that color is NOT an indicator of oil quality.

My DD (02 Jetta Wagon, GLS 2.0 5 Speed) is about to hit 100K miles, I just bought it at 95K miles so i am doing a little maintenance to it. The OE OCI is 10K miles. The PO ran Castrol Syntec 5w-30 for 10K and changed the filters at 3.5K, 7K, 10K ish for the 60K miles he owned the car. It appears he ran Fram Extra Guards.. not a Fram fan, but still an okay filter for a gasser.. Heck I really can't complain he ran an okay Group III synthetic and changed the filter 3x as often as required :hyper:

So the current oil/filter has 5K on it, but I want to align my 10K OCI with the 10's on the odo, and since I am at 100K (well 80 short) I figured today was a good time..

I started by dumping the oil in the engine, added the bottle of Amsoil Engine Flush and 4 Qts of Wally World Super Tech 10w-40. I idled the eninge for 10 minuets and this is what came out.

New on the left, 10 minutes old on the right.

Posted Image

Okay, so back to my first sentence... color isn't an indicator.. but that's 10 minute old oil, in a gasser.. That's impressive, my 4.0 4runner is that dark after 5K miles (thou it has a 2um bypass, but still!). I do realize the oil filter still had .25-.5qt of the old stuff in it, and whatever stays in the block... but WOW, it really appears to me the Amsoil Engine Flush cleaned some junk out of there!!

So now I am letting the block drain for a while, then filling it with Amsoil European Motor Oil and filtering with a 15um Amsoil Nanofiber filter, for 10K OCI's.

Open for all input!

On a side note I used the Flush on my CTD right after the cam install, but didn't use new oil for it, just dumped it in and idled it, but I am sure it cleaned lots out of there too (if there was much with a 2um bypass)

I think I will get something for mine now. I am overdo for an oil change but throwing in whatever stuff that says "go 50 miles then drain" might work good. I can't wait for amsoil to ship it just need to go to wally world and see what they got. Sure looks like it worked good on yours! :thumbup2:I had a guy try and tell me he cleans his out by draining the oil, dumping diesel fuel in the crankcase, running it for a minute, then draining that. I can only imagine how his bearings on the turbo and everything were :rolleyes:

• Staff

I had a guy try and tell me he cleans his out by draining the oil, dumping diesel fuel in the crankcase, running it for a minute, then draining that. I can only imagine how his bearings on the turbo and everything were :rolleyes:

I have heard that a lot, but NOT for me!!