• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

so I'm contemplating selling my '96 SCLB...

Rogan

I've been looking at what they're going for, and the prices are all over the place.. I've seen them for $3000-$13000. It's insane, as that price range was for comparable trucks..

My '96 is lightly modded, but very dependable. What do you guys think a good solid number is, that could be expected?

It's a '96 2500 SCLB, 4x4, 113k mi., good tires (Michelin 265/75/16). Only power options are cruise, cold AC, and pioneer radio. rubber floor covering (no carpet.)

rust in the doors, per usual, and that's about it. Oh, I added Viper keyless entry, brakes, hardware, wheel cyls, drums, cables, etc.

Was originally an auto, but I converted to nv4500.

engine: #10 fuel plate, full-forward. AFC full forward. BHAF. Jake Brake Exh. Brake, 4" downpipe, catless, mufflerless, 7" stack. EGT/Boost gauges. About 3000mi on new P-Pump. Stock Timing. Paint is typical flaked/peeled Dodge paint. Pulls like a freight train. Average 16-17mpg in town, and got 25.9mpg on a trip to New York and back (687mi, 26.5gal)

Posted Image

I'm thinking ~$6-7000 for it, especially with the mileage..

what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

$6-7k sounds exactly right. I paid $5750 for mine with 250k and a dent in the bed. Your is 4wd though. I say start it at $7500 so they can work it down to what you want.

good call, thanks. It really is a great truck. I don't want to sell it. I'd like to keep it for towing my trailer, and running the plow in winter, but I can't, not enough to justify the city taxes, insurance, etc., with having 2 trucks. :banghead:

I don't know about in the states but where I live it seems $2-5000 buys you a junker, unless you have a rabits foot up your butt :lmao: and luck out. Don't give it away, that's for sure...Sounds like your thinking of a fair price:thumbup2: