• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector install questions

A little late to the conversation but I'll throw this iron on the fire. Replace crossover tubes, I know 500 people reuse them but that 501 is me and yes it will bite you in the azz. I had a dead cylinder miss that I tore down 3 times and my I told you so brother said its a cross over. I blew them out all 3 times but there was crap inside one that wouldn't come out with air and that's all it was. Also they are a softer metal designed to crush(that's how it seals) been there done that.

3 hours ago, jlwelding said:

A little late to the conversation but I'll throw this iron on the fire. Replace crossover tubes, I know 500 people reuse them but that 501 is me and yes it will bite you in the azz. I had a dead cylinder miss that I tore down 3 times and my I told you so brother said its a cross over. I blew them out all 3 times but there was crap inside one that wouldn't come out with air and that's all it was. Also they are a softer metal designed to crush(that's how it seals) been there done that.

My crossover tubes didn't have filters in them, and looked pretty new. I assume they were changed when the injectors were changed. I reused them but put new orings on. Seems to be working fine for now. Once I get the 150s rebuilt I'll order a new set of tubes

12 hours ago, Ravewolf said:

My crossover tubes didn't have filters in them, and looked pretty new. I assume they were changed when the injectors were changed. I reused them but put new orings on. Seems to be working fine for now. Once I get the 150s rebuilt I'll order a new set of tubes

I have to assume this is the filter everyone speaks of. The part with the 3 triangular holes in it. 

20190512_095247.jpg.7d41a8b2af7d07c9fe6469f0e1a532f0.jpg

I am one of the ones that still have the oe ones. Mine appear to be of very hard steel. I chucked them in a drill to spin them while polishing the ends with a scotch brite. The chuck did not leave a mark on them. I thought they were made of tool steel, the late models any way. I have heard the early models were different but have never seen one.