• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

my long term project

KOYOTE

post-10185-138698168166_thumb.jpgknocked the dust off my toy today and did some sanding, figured i'd snap some pics. and give yall a peek. she's a 67 mercury cougar (first year) originally a 289 auto, now a 302ho fuel injected and t-5 manual. it runs perfect with painless wiring harness and no check engine light. converted to 4 wheel power disc brakes and a 8.8 posi rear-end. she was a old drag car and severly rusted, almost all sheet metal is new, had to cut out roll cage and add sub frames. i want it to be a daily driver and easy for my wife to take off in. 2 years in the making and completly built by my hands. one day it might be driven by my hands too but thats still a long way away. well i've shared today its not a dodge but i've got my hands in those too. have to get some pics of the little red express with the viper motor and 6-speed at the shop. thanks for lookin!

post-10185-138698168174_thumb.jpg

post-10185-138698168186_thumb.jpg

post-10185-138698168192_thumb.jpg

That will be an awesome car someday! I always said what a person would be smarter to do is if your going to borrow money and go out and buy a new vehicle, you'd be further ahead to go buy like a 60's or 70's complete restore car or truck and drive it as a daily driver and get away from all the anti polution and computerized crap their selling us now. At least the average joe can work on the old stuff and it doesn't put him in the poor house :spend:

• Owner

Wow there is a classic car... Nice mod with the updated fuel injected engine. I hope you keep the pulsing turn signal tail lights (if that was the year?) That was killer to see on the road...:cool: I thought of one day doing a mod like that to my old 1973 Dodge Charger sitting in the yard... Something a bit more up to date and ditch the old carburated fuel system...

Wow there is a classic car... Nice mod with the updated fuel injected engine. I hope you keep the pulsing turn signal tail lights (if that was the year?) That was killer to see on the road...:cool: I thought of one day doing a mod like that to my old 1973 Dodge Charger sitting in the yard... Something a bit more up to date and ditch the old carburated fuel system...

So , where are the pictures of the Charger! :shrug:

all the vacuum actuators on the front headlights are rebuilt and work good, and the original tick tock taillights work perfect, that old motor in the trunk is loud though. you can actually hear the motor breaking the contacts but 40+ years old i can't complain. we do alot of fuel injection conversions on old cars here, it's night and day differance from a carb. my customers love there conversions.

oh man i hope nobody ever refers to me as a ford boy again.:cry: the charger is sweet though, i would concider possibly adding some more gauges on top of the dash though (you can never have to many):lmao: i was just always partial to that body style and my friends father in law passed and it became available payed way to much for it though:broke: