• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thermostat... just a good one

• Owner

That what I'm getting at there there just so few that actually create thermostats and just name brand vs. store brand might find out are the same thermostat. Then like I uncovered Cummins thermostats are NOT produced by Cummins. Like the Gates I've got came from RockAuto.com. Where the rest of my collection comes from NAPA. At the time NAPA did n't list a 200 available anywhere in Idaho hence to just try the 200*F I had to get it from another source. I even tried Autozone and other chain stores. No 200*F thermostat available. I was of the same feeling too that Gates should of been a quality product to only be let done as well at least for me. Not like I wouldn't try again I would try another Gates as well.

Mine is a Gates 33956 180° thermostat. Just for fun yesterday I took a screen capture video of the IQuad app on my short 5km drive home. My coolant warmed up to 183, cooled to 177, and settled around 179 for most of the drive, with the odd cycle from 177 to 181. I expect a wilder swing when we hit -30° temperatures in winter.