• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 24v missing

ECM & APPS Calibration

Disconnect the batteries and leave disconnected for at least 30 minutes. Now reconnect the batteries.

Turn key to ON position. Without starting engine, slowly press throttle pedal to floor and then slowly release. This step must be done (one time) to ensure accelerator pedal position sensor calibration has been learned by ECM. If not done, possible DTC’s may be set.

There you go!:thumbup2:

hey guys thanks for the rest instructions. i am gettin ready to go out and pull the pump off this evening. i talked to the company that i bought it from and they told me to check the key way because it might have got crushed during the installation process or the rotor in side the pumd is out of time so im gonna bit the bullet and pull the dang thing off.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys sorry i havent been on here for awhile but i have a up date on the missing problem. so i ended up pulling the pump off and sending it back to the company they finaly called me back and there was a sensor out on it and i should have it back wensday and hopfully be back up and running later in the day. thanks for every bodys input and suggestions on what i should check.

hey guys sorry i havent been on here for awhile but i have a up date on the missing problem. so i ended up pulling the pump off and sending it back to the company they finaly called me back and there was a sensor out on it and i should have it back wensday and hopfully be back up and running later in the day. thanks for every bodys input and suggestions on what i should check.

did they say what sensor?

ya they did i think it was some thing like a esb or esp not sure right off hand but i will call them and ask them agin and let you no. Sence this problem came up i have been wanting to find a pump and take it apart so i have recently got my hands one one so i think i might get tho tools out and see what these thing are about on the in side has anyone ever had one apart?

hey guys got an update on this peice of s--t injection pump. so i sent it back last week and they found that the computer on top of the pump was bad replaced with new ran it on there table for 8 hours and sent it back to me said it was good to go, so i got it gack this morning around 10 and went out and put it on got in done and fired it up and found that the truck is doing the same thing as before so called them and let them no what was going on with it and they thought i was lieing to them bout what i had done to the truck because they say it sound like i have a bone stock truck and im trying to run a hot vp 44 and they said that wont work im bout ready to load up and drive out east and mess with these people in person so they want me to send the pump back to them for the second time to see if they can get it fixed. ISX you seem to pretty nowlegeable bout the cummins i live bout 75 miles from you what would it take to get you to come take a look at this pig?

hey guys got an update on this peice of s--t injection pump. so i sent it back last week and they found that the computer on top of the pump was bad replaced with new ran it on there table for 8 hours and sent it back to me said it was good to go, so i got it gack this morning around 10 and went out and put it on got in done and fired it up and found that the truck is doing the same thing as before so called them and let them no what was going on with it and they thought i was lieing to them bout what i had done to the truck because they say it sound like i have a bone stock truck and im trying to run a hot vp 44 and they said that wont work im bout ready to load up and drive out east and mess with these people in person so they want me to send the pump back to them for the second time to see if they can get it fixed. ISX you seem to pretty nowlegeable bout the cummins i live bout 75 miles from you what would it take to get you to come take a look at this pig?

All I really know about this issue is the 12v version of it. When you are bleeding injectors and get it to run, if some still have air in them and you rev it up it will pop. Of course it will idle rough if it has air in it along with white smoke. I know everyone says the connector tubes are a PITA to seal so I wonder if they are letting air in or something. Maybe one of the o-rings is torn or pitted or something on those tubes. :shrug: If you want me to come help you rip stuff off and examine it and put it back on though.. :thumbup2:

hey everyone so i talked to the company bout my injection pump today and they are sending me another new one this time. so they say they didnt find anything wrong with the other pump but what i dont understand is that this company is telling me that im having a timming issue and if im understanding what this guy that works there is telling me right its gotta be the pump because the pump is the only thing that contrals timing and just today he told that the pump aint my problem so what do i do now?

• 1 month later...

hey guys i dont no if you all remember my post bout my 2002 24 valve with the weird miss in it but just thought i would let you all no what was wrong with it. ok so the truck ended up blowing out the head gasket between 5 and 6 and on top of that the aftermarket head gasket i put on the truck not even 11,000 miles ago took number 5 piston out with it so in short the motor gets a over haul at just 154,289. thanks for everybodys help.

goes to show everyone how important a compression test is. what brand head gasket did you go with. was it a stock replacement or a thicker one? did you follow the torque instructions for the head bolts?